Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

MOD

Moderator: Mick

Re: MOD

Postby Taiwan_Student » 15 Feb 2012, 12:31

PVR Options of MOD -
I've hit a brick wall when it comes to upgrading to a better MOD package. There are six or more new shows that I'd like to watch on those premium channels but I have to do this terrible inconvenient thing called work.

I have my Disney on Demand and really like it, but the other shows are just on regular broadcast channels like BBC Entertainment and their Education channel.

Is there a PVR feature in the works.. The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are losing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

In the meantime, I can't believe you guys can schedule your life around TV. What options do you use to record your shows. I was looking at a recorder by Aver Media. Since I only would need to record programs from one channel in a day, I guess the best thing to do is just leave the MOD on set to the channel and set a timer for the recording. What do you guys do...
Taiwan_Student
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: 17 May 2001, 16:01
Location: Borg
24 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)



Re: MOD

Postby Satellite TV » 16 Feb 2012, 01:23

Taiwan_Student wrote:PVR Options of MOD -
I've hit a brick wall when it comes to upgrading to a better MOD package. There are six or more new shows that I'd like to watch on those premium channels but I have to do this terrible inconvenient thing called work.

I have my Disney on Demand and really like it, but the other shows are just on regular broadcast channels like BBC Entertainment and their Education channel.

Is there a PVR feature in the works.. The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are losing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

In the meantime, I can't believe you guys can schedule your life around TV. What options do you use to record your shows. I was looking at a recorder by Aver Media. Since I only would need to record programs from one channel in a day, I guess the best thing to do is just leave the MOD on set to the channel and set a timer for the recording. What do you guys do...



Simple, I don't watch TV so I have no need to do anything at all.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
 
Posts: 7071
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 11:10



Re: MOD

Postby Taiwan_Student » 16 Feb 2012, 22:39

Satellite TV wrote:
Taiwan_Student wrote:PVR Options of MOD -
I've hit a brick wall when it comes to upgrading to a better MOD package. There are six or more new shows that I'd like to watch on those premium channels but I have to do this terrible inconvenient thing called work.

I have my Disney on Demand and really like it, but the other shows are just on regular broadcast channels like BBC Entertainment and their Education channel.

Is there a PVR feature in the works.. The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are losing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

In the meantime, I can't believe you guys can schedule your life around TV. What options do you use to record your shows. I was looking at a recorder by Aver Media. Since I only would need to record programs from one channel in a day, I guess the best thing to do is just leave the MOD on set to the channel and set a timer for the recording. What do you guys do...



Simple, I don't watch TV so I have no need to do anything at all.


Wow, you are Satalite TV. You sell a product that you don't use....
1. I admire you... :bow: In my early days as a mail order sales person at Micro/Mac Warehouse, I could never understand how these single moms, drop outs and others never touched a computer yet, would rake in the sales solely from the info in the sales database. I got moved up or out to tech support.

Do you tell you customers you don't watch the stuff?

2. My question was meant for people who fork over 300 to around 400 a month for some decent packages. This is busy Taiwan. I can't believe anyone can schedule their life around TV. I really am unable to watch the shows that are on in their current time slots. If there is a PVR (Personal Video Recorder), I would even upgrade. But now, I'm not really watching anything except my on demand channels.
Taiwan_Student
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: 17 May 2001, 16:01
Location: Borg
24 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)



Re: MOD

Postby Belgian Pie » 16 Feb 2012, 22:54

Your best option: illegal download torrents ... :roflmao:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 10875
Joined: 31 Oct 2004, 19:39
Location: High ground
2 Recommends(s)
75 Recognized(s)



Re: MOD

Postby Taiwan_Student » 16 Feb 2012, 22:59

Belgian Pie wrote:Your best option: illegal download torrents ... :roflmao:


Sad

This thing said it is designed for MOD but I can't find out much about it. If it can be programmed and act as a tuner that would be the ticket.
http://buy.yahoo.com.tw/gdsale/gdsale.asp?gdid=1542658
Taiwan_Student
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: 17 May 2001, 16:01
Location: Borg
24 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)



Re: MOD

Postby Icon » 17 Feb 2012, 09:53

Taiwan_Student wrote:PVR Options of MOD -
I've hit a brick wall when it comes to upgrading to a better MOD package. There are six or more new shows that I'd like to watch on those premium channels but I have to do this terrible inconvenient thing called work.

I have my Disney on Demand and really like it, but the other shows are just on regular broadcast channels like BBC Entertainment and their Education channel.

Is there a PVR feature in the works.. The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are losing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

In the meantime, I can't believe you guys can schedule your life around TV. What options do you use to record your shows. I was looking at a recorder by Aver Media. Since I only would need to record programs from one channel in a day, I guess the best thing to do is just leave the MOD on set to the channel and set a timer for the recording. What do you guys do...


I have this:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMR-EH5 ... B000F4CVE4
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 14930
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 18:03
Location: Xindian
657 Recommends(s)
531 Recognized(s)



Re: MOD

Postby Satellite TV » 17 Feb 2012, 20:41

Taiwan_Student wrote:
Satellite TV wrote: Simple, I don't watch TV so I have no need to do anything at all.


Wow, you are Satalite TV. You sell a product that you don't use....

Do you tell you customers you don't watch the stuff?


Yup all the time when they ask me about schedules for shows or events I just tell them to use the EPG or look at the website where the program schedules are.

It's not like people can not buy a PVR then schedule it to record for you. Watch out the MOD box switching itself off though. Recording a black screen is fun. :D
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
 
Posts: 7071
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 11:10



Re: MOD

Postby Taiwan_Student » 21 Feb 2012, 11:40

Satellite TV wrote:
Taiwan_Student wrote:
Satellite TV wrote: Simple, I don't watch TV so I have no need to do anything at all.


Wow, you are Satalite TV. You sell a product that you don't use....

Do you tell you customers you don't watch the stuff?


Yup all the time when they ask me about schedules for shows or events I just tell them to use the EPG or look at the website where the program schedules are.

It's not like people can not buy a PVR then schedule it to record for you. Watch out the MOD box switching itself off though. Recording a black screen is fun. :D


Oh that feature. I know it well. That's known the "wait until he buys a PVR to kick in feature". The kids have left the "bankity blank blank" box turned on all day and when we get back the thing is toasty hot. As soon as I fork out the dough for the PVR, it will start turning off to save power. It's just waiting with that eye of its. The one that flashes to every remote command you use in the room.

I'm thinking of buying the that free to air box for my wife to watch her stories, ditching MOD and maybe getting an IP in the states that lets me watch my occasional shows, specifically Doctor Who, BBC book dramatization the Disney Channel, Nick and the odd educational show. SO this last week I watched the box for two hours and that was just for background noise. I could not watch the shows I'd like to have.

Sat TV. Do you offer an ala carte internet TV package? A little BBC Entertainment, A little Nickelodeon?
Taiwan_Student
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: 17 May 2001, 16:01
Location: Borg
24 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)



Re: MOD

Postby Satellite TV » 22 Feb 2012, 11:44

Taiwan_Student wrote:Sat TV. Do you offer an ala carte internet TV package? A little BBC Entertainment, A little Nickelodeon?


I am not a broadcaster so I don't offer anything, I can only offer the content that the broadcasters have. Most of my clients want content not available on MOD. Also most of my clients (85%) are not in Taiwan.

MOD has the BBC channels and its cheap to get, its just you cannot just have only the BBC channels as it is not economically feasible to a broadcaster like MOD to have clients only pay for a few select channels. They would end up losing money. Also MOD is the best package in Taiwan if you do not need sports. But many of our clients are in fact expats want those packages to be viewable around the world. They also have good sports packs and the combination of the 2 broadcasters plus other content we have makes for a great combination as each package carries content the other doesn't. So a Taiwanese person in Europe / USA can have MOD or local Taiwan Cable TV and witch it there. Or a Thai expat can watch what they need anywhere in the world. Our farthest client is an Aussie living in southern Argentina who needs English TV and for sure he wants AFL, Rugby, and Cricket.

Expats living in other countries they also appreciate they can watch their live content on 3g or wireless Ipads, Iphone Blackberry Android Mac's and Windows systems so it's a totally different way of getting content. I have Foxtel from Australia here as well as the SKY UK and SKY Kabel Germany. Basically if you want to you can pretty much get any content you want, if you are preapred to pay for it.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
 
Posts: 7071
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 11:10



Re: MOD

Postby Kahna » 24 Feb 2012, 20:22

Can anyone confirm that UFC 144 is being shown on the Star Movies HD channel available on MOD? Ads on Fox channels say it will be on Fox Movies Premium, and investigation into the availability of Fox Movies Premium shows that it is actually Star Movies HD everywhere else in Asia, just not in Taiwan and the Philippines where it is still Star Movies HD.

The 3-day EPG at the Dish HD site indicates that the event WILL be shown on Star Movies HD, but, you know, never hurts to check these things.
If you doubt this is possible, how is it there are PYGMIES + DWARFS??
Kahna
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
 
Posts: 501
Joined: 28 Oct 2003, 20:00
1 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Proceed to Technology



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: aphasiac and 5 visitors

Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons -- RUTH ANN SCHABACKER