MOD

Moderator: Mick

Re: MOD

Postby mups » 25 Feb 2012, 07:15

Kahna wrote:Can anyone confirm that UFC 144 is being shown on the Star Movies HD channel available on MOD? Ads on Fox channels say it will be on Fox Movies Premium, and investigation into the availability of Fox Movies Premium shows that it is actually Star Movies HD everywhere else in Asia, just not in Taiwan and the Philippines where it is still Star Movies HD.

The 3-day EPG at the Dish HD site indicates that the event WILL be shown on Star Movies HD, but, you know, never hurts to check these things.

Ah, very interesting, thanks for the info! I thought that because the channel didn't change to Fox Movies here that it wouldn't be carried. I assume the EPG won't be incorrect because when UFC's contract with ASN was up, the UFC events were not carried nor listed on dishHD. I looked at the actual EPG for DishHD on my TV and it's listed on there too.
mups
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

15 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 25 Feb 2012, 20:29

mups wrote:
Kahna wrote:Can anyone confirm that UFC 144 is being shown on the Star Movies HD channel available on MOD? Ads on Fox channels say it will be on Fox Movies Premium, and investigation into the availability of Fox Movies Premium shows that it is actually Star Movies HD everywhere else in Asia, just not in Taiwan and the Philippines where it is still Star Movies HD.

The 3-day EPG at the Dish HD site indicates that the event WILL be shown on Star Movies HD, but, you know, never hurts to check these things.

Ah, very interesting, thanks for the info! I thought that because the channel didn't change to Fox Movies here that it wouldn't be carried. I assume the EPG won't be incorrect because when UFC's contract with ASN was up, the UFC events were not carried nor listed on dishHD. I looked at the actual EPG for DishHD on my TV and it's listed on there too.

You guys seem to be able to spend a lot of time on the internet and never be able to actually find the actual channel schedule using google. It's hardly difficult.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_ ... 9775577023
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby mups » 26 Feb 2012, 06:41

Googling 'Star Movies HD schedule' and 'Star Movies HD taiwan/asia schedule' brings up no obvious schedule, especially not the one you linked to. That's about all the time I care to devote to that 'easy' task..thanks for the link though!
mups

15 Recognized(s)

Postby Satellite TV » 26 Feb 2012, 10:29

mups wrote:Googling 'Star Movies HD schedule' and 'Star Movies HD taiwan/asia schedule' brings up no obvious schedule, especially not the one you linked to. That's about all the time I care to devote to that 'easy' task..thanks for the link though!

Mups this pretty much sums up how lazy people are. If it doesn't come up in their first google search they give up.

Its also been on your5 Dish HD EPG for nearly 2 weeks already.

I have a website full of these links but clients are too fucking lazy even to look at those cause it "takes too much time" then complain they missed an important event.

They have time to devote to watching TV but not enough time to devote to find a schedule. :loco:
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV

Postby mups » 26 Feb 2012, 10:46

Ah, well I don't really care enough about the UFC thing to search it out, typically I don't plan ahead on what to watch on TV. If I want to watch something specific there are better and more time efficient ways to do so.
mups

15 Recognized(s)

Postby Tony the Tiger » 28 Feb 2012, 02:52

Just to let everyone know, UFC 144 was just rebroadcasted on Channel V.

I've been keeping up with this whole UFC licensing saga. My cable provider is KBro and I used to watch all the UFC events live on ASN. But of course they stopped airing the events a few months ago.

Ever since then, I've had to watch all the events online.

I saw the commercials for UFC 144 on the Fox channel which said that it would air on the Fox Movies Premium channel. For some reason, KBro doesn't even carry the Fox Movies Premium channel.

I came to this thread and read the good news about Star Movies HD. But of course, KBro doesn't carry the Star Movies HD channel either.

Interestingly, while watching the Discovery Channel(or Nat.Geo, forgot which one), I saw a commercial for UFC 144. It stated that UFC 144 would be shown on Channel Z at 12am today.

I just finished watching it. It was a 2 hour broadcast, complete with Chinese commentary. Joe Rogan's commentary was edited out and replaced with two Chinese announcers. The broadcast had very short commercial breaks, by very short I mean like 3 second commercials.

Even though it's a full 2 days after the event, it's still better than nothing. I hope they continue to air the UFC events on Channel V.
Born in Taiwan. Grew up in California. Graduated from Cal. State Fullerton in 2008. Studied Chinese for 3 semesters at Shi-Da. Decided to live in Taiwan so I joined the Taiwanese army as 替代役.

Full-time poker player.
Forumosan avatar
Tony the Tiger
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 28 Feb 2012, 10:17

I hate MOD. Got the We channel (102) and I'm crying for the 3rd time watching the same stupid wedding program for the 3rd time. Sniff sniff
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Postby Taigottawanna » 28 Feb 2012, 10:41

Battery9 wrote:I hate MOD. Got the We channel (102) and I'm crying for the 3rd time watching the same stupid wedding program for the 3rd time. Sniff sniff

Does MOD carry the O channel? Now that her daily show has ended, I can't satisfy me Oprah cravings with .torrents and thus am going through withdrawal.

How I wish she'd come build an Oprah school for indigenous girls here in Taiwan. She, Sissy Chen and Annette Lu. Formidable force, indeed.
Forumosan avatar
Taigottawanna
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 29 Mar 2012, 14:44

Like every good media company, cable or otherwise ... CHT swapped MOD channels, BBC is now on 30, 37, 77 and ITV 78, instead of the easy 90, 91, 92, 93 ... :doh: didn't check the other channels ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
83 Recognized(s)

Postby StuartCa » 29 Mar 2012, 14:49

Thanks for the heads up BP, but why the hell would they do something so stupid?

No don't answer I've been here long enough to know the reason. :wall:
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener
Forumosan avatar
StuartCa
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

15 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Technology