iPad 2

Moderator: Mick

Re: iPad 2

Postby Jaboney » 28 Oct 2011, 10:02

irishstu wrote:OK, that worked. Thanks Jaboney (and everyone else).

Now.... can anyone recommend a way to spoof the BBC into allowing me to use iPlayer outside of the UK?

You're welcome.
If you can figure that out, I'd LOVE to know how. I've had to go to Russian websites to watch NHL playoff games that are streamed, free of charge, in Canada; and I've tried a few times to get the BBC iPlayer working.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby shirley s » 06 Nov 2011, 12:34

Could you guys use Hotspot Shield. It protects your privacy and apparently you can download vids and other content. It hides your isp number so they don't know that you're living in Taiwan.

Good luck
shirley s
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby Steviebike » 06 Nov 2011, 12:49

Now.... can anyone recommend a way to spoof the BBC into allowing me to use iPlayer outside of the UK?

Use FilmOn TV app, it's fairly good and has all Uk channels. Don't forget the BBC app which is great for news. I'm going to look at hot spot shield as being a way to play iplayer which would be great.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby irishstu » 07 Nov 2011, 09:42

Steviebike wrote:

Use FilmOn TV app, it's fairly good and has all Uk channels. Don't forget the BBC app which is great for news. I'm going to look at hot spot shield as being a way to play iplayer which would be great.

Hey Steviebike. Thanks. It's funny you should mention that because I just discovered the FilmOn TV app a few days ago and have been using it since. It's a great app and I was about to come into this thread and recommend it too.
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
Forumosan avatar
irishstu
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

91 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 07 Nov 2011, 13:59

irishstu wrote:
Steviebike wrote:

Hey Steviebike. Thanks. It's funny you should mention that because I just discovered the FilmOn TV app a few days ago and have been using it since. It's a great app and I was about to come into this thread and recommend it too.

Cool! it's a good little app only snag is it's live TV only. I tried HotSpot Shield last night, along with trying to change my IP proxy but, BBC iPlayer saw straight through my antics! So basically it doesn't work (unless I'm doing something wrong). I would love to find a way to get BBC iPlayer here :(
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby lostinasia » 07 Apr 2012, 10:42

Dumb question: does the iPad 2 come with a charger and cable here in Taiwan?

We bought an iPad a couple of weeks ago; I didn't really pay much attention to whether or not there even was a charger, because we already have so many iPod and iPhone chargers littered around the apartment. Now I discover that apparently the iPad charger is indeed different and faster than the iPhone charger - and I'm not sure if we got one, or if we should have got one. I don't think there was one, although my wife thinks she "stored" it somewhere, which probably means it's lost forever.

Or does an iPad simply take a long time to charge?
Forumosan avatar
lostinasia
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

61 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Postby Adam_CLO » 07 Apr 2012, 12:59

The iPad takes longer to charge and requires more power to charge than an iPhone. Older chargers should still work though, just may take longer.
Forumosan avatar
Adam_CLO
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

24 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Technology