Renewing ARC: Deadline question

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Renewing ARC: Deadline question

Postby aim » 12 Apr 2011, 14:54

My ARC expires June 27 2011 (due to my passport expiration date.. however I am a full time employee here) .. if I am not wrong they say in teh immigration office that in order to renew the ARC someone shoul apply something like at least 3 months beofre the expiration day of the ARC. Now it is April.. if i go there am i too early? Will they renew my ARC or should i go later. My boss has provide me all the necessary documents.
Also... my bad and i should have dealt with it earlier... but in January i renew my passport in my home-country. When i entered the country i showed bith of them, so everything ok. However, I have not yet informed the Immigration of this change and I was planning to do so alongside my ARC extension. I guess there is a fine... do you happen to know how much is it?
Thanks
aim
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

2 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Re: dependents arc

Postby mylife » 15 Aug 2012, 12:34

Hi
I would like to know if dependents arc are cancelled immediately after the main arc holder quit his job?

My husband is a foreigner and his arc was cancelled..where does that leave me as his dependent?
mylife
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Re: dependents arc

Postby bismarck » 15 Aug 2012, 14:27

mylife wrote:Hi
I would like to know if dependents arc are cancelled immediately after the main arc holder quit his job?

My husband is a foreigner and his arc was cancelled..where does that leave me as his dependent?

Cancelled, unless you can secure one on your own somehow.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to Legal Issues at Work