How long can an employer withhold a paystub?

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: How long can an employer withhold a paystub?

Postby Enigma » 23 Nov 2011, 16:32

As for me, I would never say that Sandman doesn't know his stuff. He has been here long enough to see all the crap and usually gives sound advice. This time though, I think he was wrong on his original advise and subsequent advice. The op asked:
VRdelacruz wrote:Is there a legal minimum amount of time an employer can not give their workers a paystub in Taiwan? I have some friends who all recently came to the realization that they haven't actually received their promised paystubs for their records. As everything is direct deposit, it seems awfully easy for a boss to slip out with some extra cash out of individual paychecks. They're all going into the bank this week to get the records for the deposits, but just in case there is anything fishy here, does anyone know anything about the legal side to this situation? Or has anyone experienced something like this before?

The tax office is helpful only for ANNUAL taxes and not the other monthly deductions. Immigration is no help in this area either. CLA may be able to kindly ask the employer to break it down for their employee but, as far as I know, there is no requirement that they provide a monthly paystub nor a timelione to do so. However, if the employer won't even do this for an employee who has kindly asked for it, I again state that this is not a place that I would be working for much longer. Actually, I think that the CLA may be able to give the OP some advice on how much labor insurance should be being deducted and probably some indication on the health insurance monthly deduction. With the OPs bank statement of direct deposit, it should be an easy calculation. At least it should be enough for the OP to challenge the employer - at which time he may not have a choice about looking for a new job.
And Sandman, if I owe you an apology, it is here given.
Armchair Bullshitter
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Legal Issues at Work