Legal Consequences of Private Tutoring

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Legal Consequences of Private Tutoring

Postby hrvatskidan » 27 Feb 2012, 14:41

I was just wondering what the consequences for my students would be if I was caught privately tutoring them. Would the legal system interpret them as my employers and fine them on those grounds?
hrvatskidan
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Legal Consequences of Private Tutoring

Postby Super Hans » 27 Feb 2012, 21:46

What private students? They're your friends, right? And you're just helping them with a spot of homework.
For free.

In any case, your students are not a registered company or an employer.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
150 Recognized(s)

Postby antarcticbeech » 27 Feb 2012, 22:28

Just don't get caught mid conjugation.
X
Forumosan avatar
antarcticbeech
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

142 Recommends(s)
126 Recognized(s)

Postby hrvatskidan » 27 Feb 2012, 23:28

Super Hans wrote:What private students? They're your friends, right? And you're just helping them with a spot of homework.
For free.

In any case, your students are not a registered company or an employer.

A purely hypothetical question...All of us are most willing to help friends in need...(And that's a good point about private students not being registered companies or employers - thanks.)
hrvatskidan

ORIGINAL POSTER

x

Return to Legal Issues at Work