National Health Insurance Card

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

National Health Insurance Card

Postby UkJenT » 24 Apr 2012, 13:05

Hi guys. I have a situation and need some advice.

A colleague of mine has been working at a public junior high school in Taoyuan since February 2012. He's on an 11-month contract. He got his work permit within three days of working. He got his ARC a month later. Now he's waiting for his National Health Insurance card. He's been waiting a long time and is wondering how long must he wait. He was told he would only have to wait 10 days after receiving his ARC and now he's been told he must wait months.

So I'm wondering what does the law state? How long must he wait?
UkJenT
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: National Health Insurance Card

Postby Steviebike » 24 Apr 2012, 13:09

From memory it's about six months before you're eligible for NH card. Not sure why they were told they could have one ASAP after getting ARC, could just be a communication error.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 24 Apr 2012, 13:35

NHI card requirement is 4 months (after ARC) stay in Taiwan without leaving the island. If you leave once then countdown re-starts from zero.
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 24 Apr 2012, 13:59

Isha wrote:NHI card requirement is 4 months (after ARC) stay in Taiwan without leaving the island. If you leave once then countdown re-starts from zero.

4 months! That is it. :thumbsup:
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Legal Issues at Work