Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Visa Exempt Entry or Visitor's Visa

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Visa Exempt Entry or Visitor's Visa

Postby Blackman » 13 Nov 2014, 11:12

Can you obtain a work permit through a school with both a visa exempt entry or visitor's visa? I heard somewhere that you can't with the visa exempt.
Blackman
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 59
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Joined: 09 Nov 2014, 13:03



Re: Visa Exempt Entry or Visitor's Visa

Postby dinowilson » 13 Nov 2014, 11:48

Blackman wrote:Can you obtain a work permit through a school with both a visa exempt entry or visitor's visa? I heard somewhere that you can't with the visa exempt.

I was able to get a work permit when I was on a visa exempt entry but that was through a company and not a school so I am not sure if they have the same rules.
User avatar
dinowilson
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 14:11
Location: Banqiao



Re: Visa Exempt Entry or Visitor's Visa

Postby Blackman » 13 Nov 2014, 12:16

dinowilson wrote:
Blackman wrote:Can you obtain a work permit through a school with both a visa exempt entry or visitor's visa? I heard somewhere that you can't with the visa exempt.

I was able to get a work permit when I was on a visa exempt entry but that was through a company and not a school so I am not sure if they have the same rules.


Which company?
Blackman
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 59
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Joined: 09 Nov 2014, 13:03



Re: Visa Exempt Entry or Visitor's Visa

Postby dinowilson » 13 Nov 2014, 12:55

Blackman wrote:
dinowilson wrote:
Blackman wrote:Can you obtain a work permit through a school with both a visa exempt entry or visitor's visa? I heard somewhere that you can't with the visa exempt.

I was able to get a work permit when I was on a visa exempt entry but that was through a company and not a school so I am not sure if they have the same rules.


Which company?

An IT company
User avatar
dinowilson
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 14:11
Location: Banqiao



Re: Visa Exempt Entry or Visitor's Visa

Postby Blackman » 13 Nov 2014, 13:44

dinowilson wrote:
Blackman wrote:
dinowilson wrote:
Blackman wrote:Can you obtain a work permit through a school with both a visa exempt entry or visitor's visa? I heard somewhere that you can't with the visa exempt.

I was able to get a work permit when I was on a visa exempt entry but that was through a company and not a school so I am not sure if they have the same rules.


Which company?

An IT company


Oh sorry you mean a company that you worked for right? Yeah I heard that was possible with schools too right?
Blackman
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 59
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Joined: 09 Nov 2014, 13:03



Re: Visa Exempt Entry or Visitor's Visa

Postby dinowilson » 13 Nov 2014, 13:55

Blackman wrote:
dinowilson wrote:
Blackman wrote:
dinowilson wrote:
Blackman wrote:Can you obtain a work permit through a school with both a visa exempt entry or visitor's visa? I heard somewhere that you can't with the visa exempt.

I was able to get a work permit when I was on a visa exempt entry but that was through a company and not a school so I am not sure if they have the same rules.


Which company?

An IT company


Oh sorry you mean a company that you worked for right? Yeah I heard that was possible with schools too right?

Yeh. So I was offered my job just as my working holiday visa was going to expire and I signed a contract and gave them my education certifactes and all that before I left Taiwan and came back in under the visa exempt entry and about a week after i came back my work permit had been apporved.

I have read different things about schools but the official Taiwan government websites never supply enough information on it. It's almost like looking for a needle in a haystack with them.
User avatar
dinowilson
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 14:11
Location: Banqiao



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.




Return to Legal Issues at Work



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests

cron