HELP, please help........

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

HELP, please help........

Postby LIM » 21 Oct 2005, 16:41

i came here on an overseas chinese passport last year, was able to secure a job, but was not able to secure a working permit soon enough, and my working permit only came last february on my foreign passport. and will be expiring this october 24th (1 year). and my company was on the process of extending my job when my problem came about.

CLA was asking for my working permit from october to february, which is none, and have said that i wont be issued a new one without it.

Please give me information on what to do or whom to asked for help.
LIM
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Work permit application

Postby Juba » 21 Oct 2005, 16:47

When did your employer actually make the application to employ you? If last October or earlier, why did it take so long to come through? If issued in February, why does it run out in October?

This case sounds appealable to me.
Forumosan avatar
Juba
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Yellow Cartman » 21 Oct 2005, 16:51

Why is your employer not helping you discuss with CLA? Why are you discussing with CLA? You didn't file the working permit papers, they did.

Sorry, I know this is typical Taiwanese employer bullshit to throw their responsibility onto the guy least able to deal with it but throw it back at your company's HR person. If they're interested in you staying on, they need to figure out how to deal with this situation.

Or have them call ML McLean
Trillian: You idiot! You signed the order to destroy Earth!
Zaphod: I did?
Arthur: He did?
Trillian: Love and kisses Zaphod? You didn't even read it, did you?
Zaphod: Well, I'm president, I don't have a lot of time for reading.
Trillian: My whole planet destroyed because you thought someone wanted your autograph!
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby LIM » 21 Oct 2005, 17:58

actually, I started out with my overseas chinese passport, when my contract begun last october, I have my record of ID no. when I started working, and after sometime they found out that I need a work permit on my foreign passport to work legally here and to be able to apply for a health card, so thus the process begun, but unfortunately, that was already mid of december last year which is a season where you could almost accomplish nothing in dealing with the government (for document authentication)in our country. so to cut the story short, I was able to complete my documents after chinese new year and my permit was released before march this year.
LIM

ORIGINAL POSTER

Work permit

Postby Juba » 22 Oct 2005, 19:48

I can only second the advice given by Yellow Cartman.
Forumosan avatar
Juba

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Legal Issues at Work