Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in


Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.


Postby simplyGOOK » 28 Oct 2005, 02:07

Just wondering.... what is the standard cost that a school may charge a teacher for attaining a work permit and ARC? I know that the larger institutes in Taiwan supply this free of charge, but if they do stick you with a fee, how much is it? I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm Canadian.

Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Oct 2005, 01:59

Postby Limey » 28 Oct 2005, 09:45

The only things you should have to pay for are your medical and ARC. It is about $600NT for the medical and $1,000NT for the ARC. Obviously, you need to pay for photos too. Your school should not take any money from you.

It's been a while since I renewed - I hope I've remembered everything.

Enjoy Forumosa!

L. :D
If A equals success then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z; where X is work, Y is play and Z is keep your mouth shut.

A. Einstein
User avatar
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Posts: 1151
Joined: 12 Sep 2004, 19:52
Location: Victoria - the place to be

Postby Dr Zoidberg » 28 Oct 2005, 12:01

The cost of the medical varies from hospital to hospital according to I paid $1000 NT for it at Jiayi Christian Hospital.
You may have lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg.

User avatar
Dr Zoidberg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Posts: 1357
Joined: 08 Oct 2004, 01:51
Location: In The Chung

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Legal Issues at Work

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests