can I use old expired ARC?

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby ironfist » 29 Oct 2005, 23:52

ya but they need my criminal record or something similar from police station in the states...I ain't going back for awhile....hmm can I get it online or through a friend?
ironfist
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby Yellow Cartman » 29 Oct 2005, 23:58

ironfist wrote:ya but they need my criminal record or something similar from police station in the states...I ain't going back for awhile....hmm can I get it online or through a friend?

Yes, you can. You don't need to go back for that. Someone recently posted his experience in getting one.

EDIT. tienfubin just got one and he talks about it HERE. I think you should PM him and then you can save yourself a load of hassle :)
Trillian: You idiot! You signed the order to destroy Earth!
Zaphod: I did?
Arthur: He did?
Trillian: Love and kisses Zaphod? You didn't even read it, did you?
Zaphod: Well, I'm president, I don't have a lot of time for reading.
Trillian: My whole planet destroyed because you thought someone wanted your autograph!
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby ironfist » 30 Oct 2005, 00:06

mmmmkay

thanks bro!
ironfist

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby Yellow Cartman » 30 Oct 2005, 00:09

ironfist wrote:mmmmkay

thanks bro!

No problems, just promise us your next post would be about getting a Taiwan ID card and not about using old docs eh? :wink:

With all the relatives you got down there, I think it should be a real breeze to get your Taiwan ID. I'd venture should take about a month once you get all your documents in order.
Trillian: My whole planet destroyed because you thought someone wanted your autograph!
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman

1 Recognized(s)

Postby ironfist » 30 Oct 2005, 00:17

sure I promise.

so around 1 month...thanks I needed to know that too...

but that was for marriage...for us foreigner to get tw citizenship here it's the same letter eh?
ironfist

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby Yellow Cartman » 30 Oct 2005, 00:24

Yes, same documents different purpose. It'd be a lot faster if you were on someone household registration document. DO you know if you are?
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman

1 Recognized(s)

Postby ironfist » 30 Oct 2005, 02:42

nope I ain't in the household registration...too bad..I will apply through my mom....actually my mom is a good friend with this college's chairman....in the paper instead of apply through relatives in taiwan you can also use the document that you were hired by the college? like ARC I guess....I wonder which way will be faster.....

so after I apply for it....still need to live 1 year to get tw ID...then after I get ID if I want to avoid military service I just leave country every 4 months right?

haha just looked at my tw passport, the entry and exit permit expires on jan 16/2006! I better do this quick heh
ironfist

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Previous

Return to Legal Issues at Work