can I use old expired ARC?

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

can I use old expired ARC?

Postby ironfist » 28 Oct 2005, 20:43

Just wondering when I want to purchase car, or real estate can I use old expired ARC? before I worked in Taiwan for a year then went back to the states...now I am back staying with relative and thinking about buying car and some land...can I use the old expired ARC? and if I get new one will the number still be the same? I just want to buy car and do some investing...nothing illegal maybe if they ask me where is my current ARC I will just say it's coming and show them the old one? any advice? thanks
ironfist
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby ironfist » 29 Oct 2005, 17:44

anyone?
ironfist

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby sandman » 29 Oct 2005, 17:59

Of course you can't use an expired document.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Josefus » 29 Oct 2005, 18:30

I think it depends what you use it for.

I used an expired ARC for a year when I went to the bars and needed ID.

Just because it had expired, it didn't change my date of birth.

I've got another valid one now though.
If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
Forumosan avatar
Josefus
"Drinks for the House!"

4 Recommends(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 29 Oct 2005, 19:09

How many times you gonna post about your expired ARC and ask what you can do with it?

What you want to do and already did is ILLEGAL, just get a new one ... you had one before, shouldn't be too difficult to get a new one ... and next time think and be logic before you post about your ARC ... :s
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby Truant » 29 Oct 2005, 19:45

sandman wrote:Of course you can't use an expired document.

not entirely true....

if it was colder here, you could scrape ice off the car windows with it. Or wipe your arse with it at a pinch too I guess.
The best learning Chinese flashcards in the world are available in Taiwan at http://www.silkwormpress.com
Forumosan avatar
Truant
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 29 Oct 2005, 20:33

More to the point, and ignoring whether such things are legal or illegal, they changed the numbering system a couple of years ago, so if the ARC is older than that, the number would probably not fit in the computers anyway.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
76 Recommends(s)
300 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 29 Oct 2005, 20:55

Ironlady ... is Ironfist related to you in anyway?
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby ironfist » 29 Oct 2005, 23:29

ok thanks

new ARC number how many numbers r there?

Ironlady and me aren't related but we are both iron
ironfist

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby Yellow Cartman » 29 Oct 2005, 23:35

I think you should just go get your Taiwan ID ironfist.
Trillian: You idiot! You signed the order to destroy Earth!
Zaphod: I did?
Arthur: He did?
Trillian: Love and kisses Zaphod? You didn't even read it, did you?
Zaphod: Well, I'm president, I don't have a lot of time for reading.
Trillian: My whole planet destroyed because you thought someone wanted your autograph!
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Legal Issues at Work