Unemployment benefit - is there any for APRC holders?

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: Unemployment benefit - is there any for APRC holders?

Postby scomargo » 12 May 2011, 10:36

I think it has to do more with whether you pay labor insurance premiums (or some similar plan) than it does with whether you have an APRC vs. an ARC. Either one should be fine, as far as I can tell.
Forumosan avatar
scomargo
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

17 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 24 Dec 2011, 16:07

If you are laid off is your employer required to pay compensation? I heard it was 1 month salary for each year employed at the company.
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 26 Dec 2011, 12:56

StuartCa wrote:
jnanajunkie wrote:So does anybody have the final word on unemployment benefit for APRC holders? Do we qualify? Has anybody ever received it or knows of an APRC holder who has?

Not for APRC holders but I'm on a JFRV and got it. Here's my situation: Worked for a company for 3 years, entitled to about 40-50% of my final salary for 6 months and if I found a job within that 6 months after my 3 months probation period I can apply for a lump sum.

As I understand it you have to have worked for a minimum of a year before you can claim anything.

For more info there's an employment office on the 10th floor of the government building in Xinyi, near 101, sorry don't know the street name, but it's near the post office thats in that area.

Unlike European countries that encourage people to not work, this system is for those in need and have paid their insurance contributions.

Generalisation of the year. I guess you need it more than all those lazy Europeans who got laid off eh?
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1563 Recommends(s)
569 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 26 Dec 2011, 12:57

Bubba 2 Guns wrote:If you are laid off is your employer required to pay compensation? I heard it was 1 month salary for each year employed at the company.

That's the statutory minimum yes. That is also why many companies would rather not fire you but make you so uncomfortable that you would fire yourself.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1563 Recommends(s)
569 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Legal Issues at Work