Change of jobs - required documents

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Change of jobs - required documents

Postby justme86 » 08 Nov 2010, 14:41

So I will be changing my job from an english teacher to an industry job. Any ideas what documents I will need to gather etc for a smooth transition ? I have heard that I will need a health check again even though I did one just 5 months ago for my ARC !
justme86
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Change of jobs - required documents

Postby StuartCa » 08 Nov 2010, 14:43

justme86 wrote:So I will be changing my job from an english teacher to an industry job. Any ideas what documents I will need to gather etc for a smooth transition ? I have heard that I will need a health check again even though I did one just 5 months ago for my ARC !

You need to prove you have 2 years relevant experience, so references will be required, as will your degree.

No health check is needed for jobs outside of teaching.
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener
Forumosan avatar
StuartCa
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

15 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby justme86 » 08 Nov 2010, 23:01

Ok so I just got informed what I need. Sticky point could be "Termination Certificate" from my current employer (Hess) as well as photocopy of work permit. Now what happens if Hess start the cause problems and don't give me this ?
justme86
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby BigNoodle » 11 Apr 2011, 16:42

digging up the topic...

I work in a company and just found a new job.
I informed (today) my company that I will quit, and they say I have to stay for one month (for training the new guy, which is quite fair)

the new company has to apply for a work permit. for that, I understand that they need a Proof of termination of previous contract.
Can I tell my company to sign a paper stating that I will leave next month, so that the new company can start applying for the new permit already ? Or do I really need to be out already to be able to apply ?

If the latter one, it means I will be few weeks NOT under any work permit, which means they could take my ARC away ? then I will have to stay illegaly for the time to process the new permit ?

did anyone go through this before and tell me the best way to handle it ? 
Forumosan avatar
BigNoodle
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby bumclouds » 20 Aug 2011, 16:25

BigNoodle wrote:digging up the topic...

I informed (today) my company that I will quit, and they say I have to stay for one month (for training the new guy, which is quite fair)

the new company has to apply for a work permit. for that, I understand that they need a Proof of termination of previous contract.
Can I tell my company to sign a paper stating that I will leave next month, so that the new company can start applying for the new permit already ? Or do I really need to be out already to be able to apply ?

If the latter one, it means I will be few weeks NOT under any work permit, which means they could take my ARC away ? then I will have to stay illegaly for the time to process the new permit ?

I'm actually in this precise situation myself! If anyone has answers to the above questions, I would be really grateful!

Thankyou!
Your warning level: [3]
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

87 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby Gryphon » 20 Aug 2011, 16:36

justme86 wrote:Ok so I just got informed what I need. Sticky point could be "Termination Certificate" from my current employer (Hess) as well as photocopy of work permit. Now what happens if Hess start the cause problems and don't give me this ?

Hess is a large organization. I'm sure they're more professional than some small buxibans.
Gryphon
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

10 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Gryphon » 20 Aug 2011, 16:39

StuartCa wrote:No health check is needed for jobs outside of teaching.

Wrong. You still need a health certificate. At least I did.
Gryphon

10 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Gryphon » 20 Aug 2011, 16:42

BigNoodle wrote:digging up the topic...

Your work permit should not expire until you actually leave the company. The company can't keep you onboard without a work permit anyway. So, your Proof of Termination should state the last day you worked in the company which should be sometime next month.
Gryphon

10 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby bumclouds » 20 Aug 2011, 16:44

What documents should one present to the new company? Obviously you can't give the new company your Proof of Termination because you're still working, while job hunting.
Your warning level: [3]
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds

87 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby Gryphon » 20 Aug 2011, 17:14

bumclouds wrote:What documents should one present to the new company? Obviously you can't give the new company your Proof of Termination because you're still working, while job hunting.

You can get an Employment Certificate that has a special remark stating the last day you will be working at the company.
Gryphon

10 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Legal Issues at Work