Foreign workers Basic Wages

Work Permits, Employment Qualifications, Employer Problems
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Foreign workers Basic Wages

Postby junx » 13 Feb 2011, 12:35

Is there anyone knows the Basic Wages System of Taiwan for Foreign workers?

Based on Taiwan Standards Act, Basic Wages of Foreign workers for now is NT$17880 per month.
My company is giving us a Basic Salary of NT$16200 per month which is beyond the Basic Wages but the company giving us some allowances in which if it is included in the computation Basic Salary plus allowances is greater than the Basic Wages NT$17880.

Is Basic Salary is different from Basic Wages? Is dividing Basic Wages into parts is legal?
junx
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Foreign workers Basic Wages

Postby andrew1967 » 14 Feb 2011, 19:52

I think your company classfied you as the part time worker.
andrew1967

Postby junx » 14 Feb 2011, 22:01

thank you for the reply..
Yes, we are part time worker for 3 yrs contract but we are under the Taiwan Law for giving the correct Basic Wages.
Our company divided our Basic Wages into Basic Salary + Allowances, Is that legal for us as a part time worker?
junx

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby ck2887 » 13 Apr 2011, 21:10

Sorry to ask, but is that possible for a part-time worker to get a working permit?

I am looking for some information regarding the working permit to let me work and stay in Taiwan though..
ck2887

Postby Juba » 14 Apr 2011, 01:34

junx wrote:thank you for the reply..
Yes, we are part time worker for 3 yrs contract but we are under the Taiwan Law for giving the correct Basic Wages.
Our company divided our Basic Wages into Basic Salary + Allowances, Is that legal for us as a part time worker?

You would do better to get advice from a government labour department or one of the labour-related NGOs, e.g. Labor Rights Association or Taiwan International Workers' Association.
Forumosan avatar
Juba
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Juba » 14 Apr 2011, 01:35

ck2887 wrote:Sorry to ask, but is that possible for a part-time worker to get a working permit?

I am looking for some information regarding the working permit to let me work and stay in Taiwan though..

Probably not. Where do you come from and what kind of job are you looking for?
Forumosan avatar
Juba

7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby ck2887 » 14 Apr 2011, 13:54

Juba wrote:
ck2887 wrote:Sorry to ask, but is that possible for a part-time worker to get a working permit?

I am looking for a designer job in Taiwan. And I just found an issue which says Taiwan company can only hire a white collar foreign worker with monthly salary not less than NTD 48,000... But obviously my job position salary won't be that high. What am I supposed to do? Cause I really want to do job in Taiwan... :(
Please help me...
ck2887

Postby Satellite TV » 14 Apr 2011, 14:00

ck2887 wrote:
Juba wrote:

I am looking for a designer job in Taiwan. And I just found an issue which says Taiwan company can only hire a white collar foreign worker with monthly salary not less than NTD 48,000... But obviously my job position salary won't be that high. What am I supposed to do? Cause I really want to do job in Taiwan... :(
Please help me...

Nothing. It's a legal requirement and you cannot get a work permit to work part time in a white collar job.
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Belgian Pie » 14 Apr 2011, 14:17

They probably pay you the Basic wage deducted health premium ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby netuser » 21 Feb 2012, 08:05

ck2887 wrote:I am looking for a designer job in Taiwan. And I just found an issue which says Taiwan company can only hire a white collar foreign worker with monthly salary not less than NTD 48,000... But obviously my job position salary won't be that high. What am I supposed to do? Cause I really want to do job in Taiwan... :(
Please help me...

Do you have any luck getting a work permit for a designer job?
netuser
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Legal Issues at Work