NSR vs FZ(R)?

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Re: NSR vs FZ(R)?

Postby yfn17487 » 14 May 2012, 23:49

ok...I'll recording as video n post it on youtube next time...n publish the youtube link here...
no...my bike had picked up last semester...n i go to get back it n paying fine 750NT...its fell so ****...
the bike is registered on my name....n if I find some one who want to buy it from me...
I'll also will register to change the owners name..
yfn17487
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Rennes » 15 May 2012, 00:09

Can you post some pictures?

What kind of speeds do you get on it?

Since it is a 250cc engine that is not original, how bad are the vibrations when you are sitting, plus on the handle bars and fairing?
Is it technically an illegal bike with the engine? How does this affect re-registering?
Rennes
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

Postby rk1951 » 15 May 2012, 01:36

Rennes wrote:Can you post some pictures?

What kind of speeds do you get on it?

Since it is a 250cc engine that is not original, how bad are the vibrations when you are sitting, plus on the handle bars and fairing?
Is it technically an illegal bike with the engine? How does this affect re-registering?

Easy to get it transferred and registered because the engine case hasn't changed. The guys that put in the SRV 250cc just change out the internals of the original 150cc. So when it gets inspected the engine case number is still the same.
No one dies a virgin, life screws us all.
Forumosan avatar
rk1951
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

10 Recognized(s)

Postby yfn17487 » 15 May 2012, 06:07

yup......so FZR150 have 6-speed but my FZR just 5-speed......
and there is picture link inside here..
https://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=109937&p=1424769&hilit=FZR#p1424769
yfn17487

Postby Rennes » 15 May 2012, 06:41

Good to know the 250cc doesn't have any legal issues.

How are the vibrations on this bike? I've heard that the FZ(R) bikes vibrate a lot when the engines are upgraded.

rk, you've been following my quest for a while. Do you think I should consider this option?
Rennes

Postby rk1951 » 15 May 2012, 12:07

Rennes wrote:Good to know the 250cc doesn't have any legal issues.

How are the vibrations on this bike? I've heard that the FZ(R) bikes vibrate a lot when the engines are upgraded.

rk, you've been following my quest for a while. Do you think I should consider this option?

Nope! Get your KTR. I have ridden a few 250 bikes and seen a million of them. They are still old and will sometimes be a maintenance nightmare. The KTR will be stress free. You you also need to find a mechanic that can find your parts for that bike. And in my opinion they are still lacking power! Sorry! I'm not an FZR fan at all. I have owned them and they are not for me. Yes, my friends 270cc FZR right now is having vibration problems at high RPM's. We think it might be the frame, so first we will swap that out. It just suddenly started. We tore down the engine and everything looks good, so it must be the frame. If not he is down with his FZR and will be building a new bike.
No one dies a virgin, life screws us all.
Forumosan avatar
rk1951
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

10 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to Cars & Motorcycles