The Taiwanese are the BEST Drivers in the World

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Re: The Taiwanese are the BEST Drivers in the World

Postby navillus » 20 May 2012, 00:00

Couple of nice clips on the news tonight of people ramming ambulances. If they didn't go around all the time with the lights flashing I'd put blame squarely on the drivers of the other cars. Who's to know if there is an emergency or if the boys are just out of beetlenut?
"collective madness is called sanity"
Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
Forumosan avatar
navillus
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 20 May 2012, 03:07

I had the misfortune of being entwined within a convoy of ambulances last week at night on a mountain road. It must have been some kind of ambulance convention - all in line, lights flashing. It was so distracting and so annoying, and they were driving really slowly. When I tried to overtake, they closed up the gaps and got really pissed off. These guys are supposed to be professional.
I also saw one the other day, at night, driving with it's sirens on, on a call. But with it's rotating lights turned off. They drive around with them on all day and the only time when they should be used, they get turned off.
I despair sometimes.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...

This post was recommended by shawn_c (07 Apr 2013, 01:58)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby Original Ian » 22 May 2012, 16:19

How many times a day do you see scooters speeding through red lights? Don't know that this guy will ever be doing it again. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c1_1337617560
Original Ian
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Confuzius » 22 May 2012, 17:48

Original Ian wrote:How many times a day do you see scooters speeding through red lights? Don't know that this guy will ever be doing it again. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c1_1337617560

Thats fuckin CRAZY!

OK< so I get you can run a redlight here and there since the cops are bums, I get that. But like this dude who DONT EVEN SLOW DOWN OR LOOK when running a red light to see if someone is coming....that I do NOT get and I see it ALL the time! People going FULL speed through red lights! Like wtf!??!
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 22 May 2012, 23:39

they were either wearing helmets that were loose (and therefore useless) or not wearing them at all. Both came down hard on their heads. Especially the lady on the right. Its hard to imagine how high she flew in the air, mustve been ten feet , and landed right on her head. Frankly its hard to imagine either one of them survived. Maybe the one on the left had a chance as he/she seemed to have hit his/her head from a lower height.

Not sure if it was a woman and a child or what. But tragic indeed. Whats more tragic maybe if one or both survived but lived as vegetables.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

613 Recommends(s)
382 Recognized(s)

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 23 May 2012, 09:36

Original Ian wrote:How many times a day do you see scooters speeding through red lights? Don't know that this guy will ever be doing it again. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c1_1337617560

Red light, green light.
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 23 May 2012, 16:05

I don't wish to appear patronizing, but the above video makes it very obvious as to why all drivers, and in particular, scooter riders, should ensure that they frequent the temple as often as possible.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby Nuit » 08 Jul 2012, 21:28

Would like to know what the cause of this freeway crash was. Seems totally self-inflicted.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd1_1341739683
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

74 Recommends(s)
103 Recognized(s)

Postby TaFCoML » 09 Jul 2012, 00:40

Nuit wrote:Would like to know what the cause of this freeway crash was. Seems totally self-inflicted.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd1_1341739683

"According to the preliminary police report, a rear tire on the left side was ruptured, causing the bus to lose control and hit the barrier." ( link )
Derp.
Forumosan avatar
TaFCoML
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 09 Jul 2012, 07:43

Total lack of skill there. No signs of braking at all. But I'm not surprised about tyres blowing out. This is always a serious issue in Taiwan. One only needs to look at a majority of the busses and trucks on the road here to see that the remoulded tyres they use are of super low quality and are frequently found in a dangerous state.
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles