Well blow my socks off! Please share!

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Re: Well blow my socks off! Please share!

Postby sulavaca » 10 Apr 2012, 21:38

Some more information on HHO at the 5 minute mark in this video. This would go somewhat towards explaining the interesting exhaust arrangement in the first video perhaps. Could expansion, contraction of gasses, if piped correctly perhaps help reduce vacuum power loss on the piston down stroke? I'm not sure if that's the focus on this exhaust arrangement, but it's certainly interesting.

[youTubeBB3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=2FA9wiMkXwE[/youTubeBB3]
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 12 Apr 2012, 21:32

Thats a bit of a Compendium of Cobblers, Mr S.

As far as I can tell the first one, and the NZ motorcycle are claiming to run on water alone. You either do that until your battery runs down (if its electrolysis) or you've got a perpetual motion machine.

I'm not sure its necessary or useful to watch VERY poor quality, mis-spelled video's of people demonstrating perpetual motion machines.

Can't we just wait for the Nobel prize ceremony/explosion of the universe?

Or we could skip the movie and wait till the paper comes out in Nature.

Whichever comes first.

The third one might just be a water injection system. I like them, and I don't think its necessary to be mad or bad to promote one, though apparently drinking the tail pipe condensate from an engine that is still basically burning petrol has to make you wonder.

A "Brown's Gas" flame makes radiation disappear by "transmutation". Huzzah!, nuclear waste disposal solved!

It couldn't have just gone up the chimney, could it? Where would be the magic in that?

After all that bollocks I'm afraid I didn't have much patience to try and decipher the jerky video of the exhaust system you were interested in, though it seemed pretty much like the acetone bubbler in your first post.

I don't get this "implosion" thing, though it seems to be part of the "Browns Gas" jive, presumably because oxyhydrogen is a "self-annihilating" gaseous fuel so after its exploded the final volume of the water condensate will be relatively negligible and a vacuum would be created.

You'd have to get rid of the heat PDQ, though, and anyway, its still basically an old-fashioned IC engine explosion.

But where's the magic in that?

One wonders whether these people have considered maybe NOT posting a video, but instead writing it up [EDIT: (OK, the spelling might be a problem, but they could get help)], taking some measurements, drawing some diagrams.

Maybe even filing some patents.

Maybe even coming up with some hypotheses and testing them.

Maybe even submitting to independent examination and testing.

(If the scientific establishment didn't want to know, the electronic media could sponsor it, Mythbusters stylee. It'd be entertaining TV, and a win for them either way)

Maybe even NOT bullshitting.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 12 Apr 2012, 22:15

Yes, it's very easy to get frustrated at the lack of information presented in some of these videos. It's also very frustrating to have to go through endless "free energy" videos to find even a crumb of something worth noting. I still think that it's nevertheless both interesting and important to pay at least some attention to what's going on in the "inventor" world. After all so many, if not all scientific discoveries are made after a lot of trial and error.

Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 25 Sep 2012, 22:59

This looks like an honest to goodness Perpetual Motion machine. And they show the process that led up to it:

Forumosan avatar
Mordeth
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

13 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 26 Sep 2012, 00:12

Fascinating. There is obviously no significant energy being extracted (if there was, it would stop immediately). I honestly can't explain why friction doesn't kill it, though. Any ideas?
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

853 Recommends(s)
654 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 26 Sep 2012, 07:04

finley wrote:Fascinating. There is obviously no significant energy being extracted (if there was, it would stop immediately). I honestly can't explain why friction doesn't kill it, though. Any ideas?

It must mean that without friction it would just speed up and up and up until it would travel back in time. But due to the friction it just remains constant.

Or perhaps they used "frictionless" materials. I've heard that titanium on titanium produces no noticeable heat or wear. Supposedly a titanium chain and sprocket on a motorbike never need to be replaced or oiled.
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth

13 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 28 Sep 2012, 00:59

Leaving aside the perpetual motion aspect, I'm afraid I don't understand the basic operation. It seems to be based on the repulsion of the wheel magnets by the descending bar magnet. I don't see:-

(a) Why, as the wheel rotates, the repulsion of the next radial magnet doesn't brake it. Are the radial magnets of alternating polarities, which might, especially if it was sprung, set up an oscillation in the bar magnets vertical position? (though that seems to be the function of the cam arm).

(b) What the significance of the decreasing separations of the radial magnet pairs is.

(c) Why these people choose to restrict themselves to enigmatic videos if they've really got something.

As I said before, publish or be damned.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 29 Sep 2012, 02:46

The Papp engine.
These videos represent some of the more recent updates concerning this technology.

And feel free to check out Russ's efforts at RWG research.He's presently also testing a Papp engine
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles