scooter rack

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

scooter rack

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 10 Apr 2012, 22:37

I am just wondering...

Suppose I was to make mechanical racks, like bike racks but bigger for scooters, would the city be interested in employing them to increase scooter parking space in a limited amount of space?

The scooter parked in alleyways and sidewalks are horrible, and I had experience where I could not leave the house because the entrance was blocked by a mass of scooters.

Also I was thinking what if a street corner was converted into some kind of a scooter parking garage with things to maximize the amount of scooters that can be parked in its limited space?
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
102 Recognized(s)

Re: scooter rack

Postby sulavaca » 11 Apr 2012, 07:03

The city cannot place obstacles on a public highway, so if you're talking about putting a contraption on this stretch, then no, they shouldn't do that. If it's on private property however, then they could.
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Re: scooter rack

Postby Ducked » 11 Apr 2012, 07:32

Rumour has it that the drift of policy is to restrict parking for scooters, so, if there was such a policy, this'd be in conflict with it.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

9 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

scooter rack

Postby headhonchoII » 11 Apr 2012, 07:36

Taiwan is not Taipei .

But yes all it would take is for people to be restricted in where they park and to park in designated multistory car parks. A robotic scooter parking device would be hand WHEN or IF the government gets serious about parking scooters on pavements.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1836 Recommends(s)
660 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles