Dont post your law breaking on youtube if you wanna speed

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Dont post your law breaking on youtube if you wanna speed

Postby tommy525 » 13 Apr 2012, 14:48

These brainfarts posted their mad max driving on the no 9 online and guess who was watching? YES the Fuzz. They are now being tracked down by the law.

They are getting serious too, some have been sentenced to one year jail time for reckless driving on the no 9.

Bout time too. On my recent trip with some forumosans. One car came awfully close to crashing head on into us. He was speeding and passing on the double yellow into our path.
Savage - what a nice performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCMjEb68ds
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
525 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Re: Dont post your law breaking on youtube if you wanna speed

Postby Confuzius » 13 Apr 2012, 15:26

I love the fact that the news slowed the vid down for a second...to show them passing by a cop!
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 13 Apr 2012, 23:51

Confuzius wrote:I love the fact that the news slowed the vid down for a second...to show them passing by a cop!

Yes they were saying the passing cop car did nothing to slow them down (as we all know it wouldnt).

And its interesting to note that the vid said they have one guy whos job is to look for such violations as posted on youtube. :) haha

u can get by with a lot by taiwan cops but not if you post it on youtube, thats true.

Those guys even posted their speed (over limit of course) so the cops have all the ready evidence. LIcense plate numbers, speed. etc.

haha
they may get a ticket for speeding and six months jail for being stoopid

Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
525 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 14 Apr 2012, 00:42

Whats the cop gonna get? A free packet of betlenuts?
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 16 Apr 2012, 19:40

Okami wrote:Now what I would like to know is if they are going to name and shame the cop. That would change things.

That's ridiculous. What was the cop supposed to do? Rock a 180 with the emergency brake on a double solid yellow and then do triple the speed limit to catch up to the guy who is doing more than double in the opposite direction?
Last edited by engerim on 16 Apr 2012, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove insult

This post was recommended by shawn_c (18 Apr 2012, 04:46)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

13 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 16 Apr 2012, 23:53

True that, but what the cop car can do is radio in whats going on and see if any units can respond further up the road in the direction of the violators. Thats what Murkin kops would do i suspect. NO , I take that back. Murkin Kops would pull a 180 all smoke and screeches and turn on the siren and hunt those flockers down.

Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
525 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 17 Apr 2012, 07:31

Mordeth wrote:
Okami wrote:Now what I would like to know is if they are going to name and shame the cop. That would change things.

That's ridiculous. What was the cop supposed to do? Rock a 180 with the emergency brake on a double solid yellow and then do triple the speed limit to catch up to the guy who is doing more than double in the opposite direction?

Exactly! I reckon he was likely on cruising duty that day, which would have made put him in an awkward situation if he wanted to abandon the instructions given by his superior that morning.
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 17 Apr 2012, 07:42

sulavaca wrote:
Mordeth wrote:

Exactly! I reckon he was likely on cruising duty that day, which would have made put him in an awkward situation if he wanted to abandon the instructions given by his superior that morning.

Yes, sarcasm....I'm familiar with that. But in seriousness you want the police to do a dangerous U-turn on a double solid yellow then hit higher more dangerous speeds than that of the cars in the video....to catch up with them? Seems a bit hypocritical.

And yeah...they should radio someone ahead to stop them. But with small mountain roads there often isn't anyone ahead. But I do agree that the police should use their radios more.
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth

13 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 18 Apr 2012, 03:13

You right bout that, there probably wasn't a kopper up ahead either. So best thing for him to do is to pretend he didnt see it. LIve and let live (or die) kinda thing.

The see no evil thing :)

Except this time someone else saw him seeing no evil.

But yeah its not practical to do a YOU TURN and even try to catch up. Plus mountain roads are dangerous for all to give chase.

Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
525 Recommends(s)
338 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 18 Apr 2012, 06:53

Mordeth wrote:Yes, sarcasm....I'm familiar with that. But in seriousness you want the police to do a dangerous U-turn on a double solid yellow then hit higher more dangerous speeds than that of the cars in the video....to catch up with them? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Yes, you're right, and I agree with you. At the same time though, It's rather tiring that I have never seen the police police anything in a normal way in Taiwan. They only ever police according to their instructions, on a day to day basis.
Speeding in itself shouldn't be and isn't in fact a crime. Only injuring or maiming others, stealing their property and breaking contracts is. The police however, also have a common duty to remind people of their responsibilities and also offer people advice on how they might better conduct themselves.
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca

4 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Cars & Motorcycles