Twin cab pickup

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Re: Twin cab pickup

Postby feropont » 25 Apr 2012, 17:02

I will find more details, he promised to stop by soon at my restaurant, but when I asked him if he has to have a company (and I said I was told, by reading few topics on this forum, "it must")he told me its a BS. Maybe the difference that this is a twin cab and not one row seater like Zace, Varica, etc.?
feropont
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

Postby Ducked » 25 Apr 2012, 18:20

feropont wrote:I will find more details, he promised to stop by soon at my restaurant, but when I asked him if he has to have a company (and I said I was told, by reading few topics on this forum, "it must")he told me its a BS. Maybe the difference that this is a twin cab and not one row seater like Zace, Varica, etc.?

Ah...forgot about that. I think you're probably right.

MJB's Tundra is a crew cab, of course, but IIRC its possible to initially register at least some crew-cabs as commercials by taking the second row of seats out, and I think this had been done with his.

Once this has been done, its officially irreversible, hence his need for a company to register it to.

Not much use to me, though, since I don't want a crew-cab. I want a Nissan Sunny 1200 RWD pickup, hard enough to find without all this bullshit.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby feropont » 27 Apr 2012, 23:42

I think I more or less narrowed choice to either Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger twin cabs. It's easy to find information about Ford on their TW website and a price around 1.2-1.3 mills for a new. But what about Tacoma? Nothing on Toyota TW site and no info about prices nowhere to be found
feropont

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

Postby Ducked » 11 May 2012, 07:55

Feature on the VW Amarok (American Rock? How DO they think these names up?) 2.0 TDI in Apple this morning, so I'd guess you might be able to get that here too.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby feropont » 11 May 2012, 11:45

they have it here on the way to Luodong at VW dealership, need to check what they priced for...
feropont

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

Postby Icon » 11 May 2012, 12:29

Ducked wrote:Feature on the VW Amarok (American Rock? How DO they think these names up?) 2.0 TDI in Apple this morning, so I'd guess you might be able to get that here too.

That was pretty, especially the "road" they showed it could handle. :lovestruck:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

621 Recommends(s)
488 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 13 May 2012, 23:19

Noticed my first "live" VW Amarock (That's going to get called an "Anorak" in The Yook, though they probably won't sell many there) this evening, parked up next to Tainan station.

Not huge by US standards, I suppose, but bigger-looking than I'd expect from a 2.0L diesel.

Forumosan avatar
Ducked

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby MJB » 14 May 2012, 02:31

feropont wrote:I think I more or less narrowed choice to either Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger twin cabs. It's easy to find information about Ford on their TW website and a price around 1.2-1.3 mills for a new. But what about Tacoma? Nothing on Toyota TW site and no info about prices nowhere to be found

If you want to buy a Tacoma there is really only one place and that is direct to teh importer. Every Tundra/Tacoma on the island goes through him anyway, so there isn't much point mucking around anywhere else. Was there last week to get my truck inspected, and he's got the following in his shop.

5x Tacomas

2x Tundras

2x 4runners

and some used goodies.

PM me if you are truly interested...I'll take you down to meet him.
Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
MJB
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby annabellemichelle » 20 Jul 2012, 13:44

feropont wrote:I think I more or less narrowed choice to either Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger twin cabs. It's easy to find information about Ford on their TW website and a price around 1.2-1.3 mills for a new. But what about Tacoma? Nothing on Toyota TW site and no info about prices nowhere to be found

If you want fuel efficient truck the best truck is the Tacoma! Always trust the Japanese made trucks since they are really sensitive to emissions.
annabellemichelle
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby feropont » 21 Jul 2012, 09:14

Any data to support this claim?
feropont

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles