Life is Cool In Taiwan

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Life is Cool In Taiwan

Postby PigBloodCake » 16 Apr 2012, 15:59

Indeed.....you dumb f***.

http://www.nexttv.com.tw/vod/10188561?slug=news-feature

$4k NT.....ouch! :roflmao:

-------------------------

Moderator's notes:

I've temped the completely off-topic posts, but left the original post alone.

"strictly speaking, sweeping statements about entire groups of people are not considered personal attacks. However, they are often inflammatory and counterproductive and the moderators have broad discretion to remove such posts in the interests of keeping the peace on the message board." http://forumosa.com/taiwan/rules.php#attacks

Also, some of the posts in other threads on this topic have been temped because they included personal info.

Do not post personal information about any other person even if that information is publicly available. This includes, but is not limited, to divulging personal information such as the real-life identity of other posters, telephone numbers or sexual orientation. In addition, Forumosa does not condone or encourage efforts by individuals to "dig up" information about other visitors. You may post the public contact information for public figures, but you may not post anyone's private information without their consent. http://forumosa.com/taiwan/rules.php#inappropriate

Disclaimer: This post does NOT appear to promote illegal activities. In fact, the comment "Indeed.....you dumb f***," indicates strong disapproval with the scooter rider's actions.

Do not promote illegal activities. Breach of this rule can lead to legal proceedings against this site, and will not be tolerated. In cases where the law has been broken, Forumosa may notify the proper authorities if appropriate. http://forumosa.com/taiwan/rules.php#inappropriate
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Re: Life is Cool In Taiwan

Postby Mordeth » 17 Apr 2012, 07:37

I like how in the video he says "This is how you GET AWAY with riding on the highway in Taiwan" . And then he gets ticketed.

This post was recommended by hsinhai78 (17 Apr 2012, 13:27)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

13 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby shawn_c » 18 Apr 2012, 04:43

I originally thought that it was a "famous" rider we have here on Forumosa, but by the voice and the looks of the girlfriend... it's not.

The bad thing about this is... people are going to start making assumptions about the big-noses...

The other thing I hate about Taiwanese news is how they make useless comments when showing YouTube videos. Comments made in this video were:

"He even has the gall to change lanes!"

"He saw the police, so he's using a bus to hide, thinking that he can get away."

"He even rides into a gas station the wrong way."

Like, c'mon Taiwanese news... please... don't talk too much.
Looking for a handmade paper wallet? http://sidonieyang.etsy.com
Forumosan avatar
shawn_c
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

182 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 18 Apr 2012, 18:49

shawn_c wrote:

I was rolling my eyes at that gas station comment.....like I didn't fucking see cars running red lights by going in the oncoming lane twice today....now THAT should be news.
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth

13 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 18 Apr 2012, 19:03

Mordeth wrote:
shawn_c wrote:

I was rolling my eyes at that gas station comment.....like I didn't fucking see cars running red lights by going in the oncoming lane twice today....now THAT should be news.

Only twice??????? Damn, you must really live in the sticks. I usually see it at least 6 times before I am out of the driveway.. :ohreally:
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 20 Apr 2012, 20:22

Fucking Taiwan media. They went to his home. And talked to his security guard. The guard says that he doesn't have a spot in the underground parkade, but parks there anyway. THAT'S NEWS FOLKS!!! WHITE GUY PARKS IN PARKING LOT BUT DOESN'T HAVE HIS OWN SPOT!!! I'm surprised they haven't sent a SWAT team after him yet. Fucking white people :roll: .
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth

13 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby jesus80 » 23 Apr 2012, 00:10

bigduke6 wrote:
Mordeth wrote:
shawn_c wrote:

Only twice??????? Damn, you must really live in the sticks. I usually see it at least 6 times before I am out of the driveway.. :ohreally:

And that´s nothing. Last Friday I was chased AGAIN by an asshole and his blue van because I dared to blow the horn when he was getting into the bike´s lane in the middle of a curve. The guy went nuts and chased me, and dude, I was ridding fuckin´ fast (to get rid from him), but eventually he got me and tried to pull me off the road several times, like if it were a movie. There was a lot of bikes but he could keep on me, though.

I´m really dying to see how one of these @#$% ends his moronic days smashing his red teeth against a wall, truly. I think I will feel bad person but still will enjoy it.
Forumosan avatar
jesus80
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

1 Recommends(s)
125 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 23 Apr 2012, 00:18

Americans are generally pretty law abiding, but just last week two cars on separate occasions cut right in front of me on the crosswalk. And thats pretty unheard of here. Both were driven by middle aged white women. I felt like taking off a shoe and throwing it at them, but then they could be armed and could shoot me.

Never know round here.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

623 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 23 Apr 2012, 07:23

jesus80 wrote:And that´s nothing. Last Friday I was chased AGAIN by an asshole and his blue van because I dared to blow the horn when he was getting into the bike´s lane in the middle of a curve. The guy went nuts and chased me, and dude, I was ridding fuckin´ fast (to get rid from him), but eventually he got me and tried to pull me off the road several times, like if it were a movie. There was a lot of bikes but he could keep on me, though.

I´m really dying to see how one of these @#$% ends his moronic days smashing his red teeth against a wall, truly. I think I will feel bad person but still will enjoy it.

I haven't been chased in forever. The first few years I was here I was getting chased on a regular basis. Been years since someone has chased me. I miss it. :cry: I once shot up on the sidewalk at high speed to lose someone, he tried to follow me but ripped off his lower plastics. Was fun.
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth

13 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby Rennes » 23 Apr 2012, 08:57

Why on earth was someone chasing you?
Rennes
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles