Husqvarna engines made in Taiwan?

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Husqvarna engines made in Taiwan?

Postby jaame » 29 Apr 2012, 22:50

I'm interested in this Husqvarna SM511 as a possible replacement for my CPI in a year or so.
I can't find any reviews on it yet, but looking through forums I have found a couple of references claiming that the engine is made for BMW (the owners of Husqvarna) by Kymco in Taiwan.

Forst, does anyone in the industry here know if this is true or false?

Second, does that mean that the luxury tax on import will be less than the standard rate (which I believe is 50%) because the engine is made in Taiwan?

An SM510, made entirely in Italy, is $460,000. Anyone care to hazard a guess at how much one of these new 511s will roll for when they come in?
jaame
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Husqvarna engines made in Taiwan?

Postby vmajor » 13 May 2012, 16:46

Kymco making the Husqvarna engines is true. The rest I do not know about.

I am quite sure that if Husqvarna is not sold in Taiwan, buying its engine would not be possible, legally, for the seller.
vmajor
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

2 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles