Scoot Dies when 'warming up'-wth?

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Scoot Dies when 'warming up'-wth?

Postby Confuzius » 03 May 2012, 01:28

So my scooter runs fine, no problems....except this one.

So when I start 'er up (which usually goes just fine) she may die RIGHT away before I start moving if I do not give her gas.

Now, within the, lets say first 5 mins or so of driving, if I come to a stop sign, light or even a turn where I have to slow down or stop, she may die again. The other day, she made a loud POP sound when she died (sometimes its a very quiet pop sound, sometimes no pop sound).

After she's been running for around 10 mins or so though, no problem, she don't die no matter what (well, unless I am going really fast....then need to stop abruptly at a light....she may die after stopping...but starts right up again, but usually she doesnt...I can tell when she will...just sorta feel it kinda choking or something).

What could this be? Should I worry about it? Big deal or not? THANKS!
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Re: Scoot Dies when 'warming up'-wth?

Postby tcarnagan » 03 May 2012, 12:55

Started having a similar problem a couple weeks ago, which was attributed to the change in weather. My scooter guy adjusted the flow of gas to the carb and all is well now, so might give that a try. And I would say it is a 'big deal' because it could be dangerous to have your scooter cutting out at stop lights (like the start of the Indy500) and should be as easy as your mechanic adjusting the gas. Let me know if that does the trick.
The more people I meet the more I love my dog.
Forumosan avatar
tcarnagan
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles