bwsx + cygnus x

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

bwsx + cygnus x

Postby Durbanite » 18 May 2012, 00:19

Hi,

Was wondering, do these 2 scooters have the same engine? Power etc?

Looking at getting a scooter to play with and modify.. Which is better as a project?

I like the look of the bwsx..
Durbanite
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: bwsx + cygnus x

Postby rk1951 » 18 May 2012, 12:40

Durbanite wrote:Hi,

Was wondering, do these 2 scooters have the same engine? Power etc?

Looking at getting a scooter to play with and modify.. Which is better as a project?

I like the look of the bwsx..

Both use the same engine. I forget which one is heavier though. Both are going to have the same amount of power. I love both scooters. They both look great, have lots of aftermarket parts, and are good for carrying a passenger. But both of them don't have shit for leg room or for carrying things like groceries. If you are going to buy one make sure you test them both out. My 50cc can carry more things than those scooters can. I would love to get one, but the newer ones just don't have any room to put anything on the floorboard. You can't even fit a small box on it.
No one dies a virgin, life screws us all.
Forumosan avatar
rk1951
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

10 Recognized(s)

Postby Durbanite » 18 May 2012, 14:27

Thats good news, will get the bwsx then, not looking to carry any parcels or groceries or anything, its purely for fun and when warranty is finished, modify the crap out of it...

I have another scooter my wife will use that we can do all the shopping with....

Thanks man.
Durbanite
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby rk1951 » 18 May 2012, 15:01

Durbanite wrote:Thats good news, will get the bwsx then, not looking to carry any parcels or groceries or anything, its purely for fun and when warranty is finished, modify the crap out of it...

I have another scooter my wife will use that we can do all the shopping with....

Thanks man.

Then go for it. They are awesome scooters. One day I will get one too...one day!! Once you are interested in modding it, you should ask Smellylovebum about them. He knows a lot about modding those scooters! Have fun!!!!
No one dies a virgin, life screws us all.
Forumosan avatar
rk1951

10 Recognized(s)

Postby Durbanite » 18 May 2012, 20:33

Cool, thanks man.... i will definitely get hold of him when the warranty finishes....
Durbanite
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Battery9 » 18 May 2012, 23:55

I like the BWS but the space for the feet is soooo tiny. I think you should test drive both and see how they feel. Some bikes feel stuck to the ground more, while others glide...also check the disk brakes.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Postby Durbanite » 19 May 2012, 16:21

Not worried about the little bit of room cos the seat is pretty flat, not like most seats that are 2 level... Check the disk brakes? why? They not very good?
Durbanite
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby ktk_ace » 25 May 2012, 22:41

if you have long legs like me, forget about the BWS/BWS-X. Its going to get very uncomfortable after riding for 10 mins.

Get an older model cygnus, it can fit more full face helmets in. the new one is wider but shallower too so less FF helmets can go in.

and I stress that althou they have the same engine, the CVT compartment is of different length so belts and cvt covers are NOT interchangable.
ktk_ace
38 Posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

2 Recommends(s)

Postby Durbanite » 27 May 2012, 22:18

Hi Ktk_ace,

I already bought one,

I do have long legs, but i sit a little further back on the seat and I find it really comfortable.. Thanks for the info on the differences between Cygnus and bws, will keep it in mind when I am looking to modify.

I must say, i really love the bws x, it is an awesome scooter... can't wait to start pushing her harder..
Durbanite
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Battery9 » 27 May 2012, 23:37

pictures pictures!!!!
Battery9

27 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles