3,000 NT fine for over running your scoot

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

3,000 NT fine for over running your scoot

Postby Enigma » 23 May 2012, 21:15

Well, since some of the lights are more than 3 minutes, and keep in mind that you are forbidden from a smoke in a "waiting area", guess, I'll get violent. When I see all cops with valid scoot licences and wearing helmets off duty, I might be more cognizant of the rules. Till then, a tussle is forthcoming. Perhaps a proper pummelling!
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Re: 3,000 NT fine for over running your scoot

Postby TheGingerMan » 23 May 2012, 21:49

Enigma wrote:Well, since some of the lights are more than 3 minutes, and keep in mind that you are forbidden from a smoke in a "waiting area", guess, I'll get violent. When I see all cops with valid scoot licences and wearing helmets off duty, I might be more cognizant of the rules. Till then, a tussle is forthcoming. Perhaps a proper pummelling!

Is this in the fascist bastion of Taipei?
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
246 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-2114
Gruntleness: Fully Disgruntled

Postby maunaloa » 24 May 2012, 03:27

Enigma, your post. How do you overrun a scooter?
maunaloa
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

17 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 24 May 2012, 07:14

I think he means "running over a scooter."

Surely that doesn't happen very often.

I think 3000 is about right. I'm for it. :neutral:
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

85 Recommends(s)
123 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 24 May 2012, 17:05

Enigma wrote:Well, since some of the lights are more than 3 minutes, and keep in mind that you are forbidden from a smoke in a "waiting area"

I don't think this is true (if you mean the waiting box for scooters at lights) you just can't throw your butts on the ground.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby adrian » 29 May 2012, 13:28

over running? Do you mean idling?
adrian
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 29 May 2012, 14:58

They should fine those police cars that are left running on the side of freeways, empty with their lights flashing. They are left there - although rotated - 24 hours a day.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 29 May 2012, 16:38

Super Hans wrote:They should fine those police cars that are left running on the side of freeways, empty with their lights flashing. They are left there - although rotated - 24 hours a day.

Empty? I always assumed they just had the seats tipped back and were having a wee snooze. :lol: Do they lock the doors at all? I bet they got some cool gadgets in there. Or you could always just pop the passenger-side window with your elbow. REALLY? There's nobody in there?
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby kitkat » 29 May 2012, 22:36

I generally try to turn off the engine at traffic lights over 30 seconds long. It's nice. Quieter. And I've noticed a few other people do it to. Makes scooter commuting much more pleasant. Is there some reason that I shouldn't do this?
kitkat
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

14 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 29 May 2012, 23:31

Empty? I always assumed they just had the seats tipped back and were having a wee snooze. Do they lock the doors at all? I bet they got some cool gadgets in there. Or you could always just pop the passenger-side window with your elbow. REALLY? There's nobody in there?

Sometimes there are officers inside the car, especially the ones with the pod on the offside.
I was stuck in traffic once and I was approaching one of those lay-by's that the police use on the freeway. A patrol car turned up and parked behind another car already parked in the lay-by. Two officers got out of the car they arrived in and got into the car that was already there, and then drove away, leaving the car they arrived in running with its 350's on. I often look inside to see if there are cops in the cars now and I often just see headrests. So unless the police are really short or lying down over the front seats, then I suppose they aren't really there.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles