Logic to die by

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Logic to die by

Postby bigduke6 » 31 May 2012, 16:08

So, there I am walking the dog. There is a 4 way stop near my place. Both roads are not main roads, but side streets.

2 scooters go straight through their respective stop streets and crash into each other.

The neighbor tells me the one that was driving on the "busier" Rd is innocent. The one on the "quieter" Rd is to blame. He should have known the other street was busier and stopped.

F&*k the fact they both went straight through a stop street without slowing down.

Taiwanese logic at it's very best.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Re: Logic to die by

Postby sulavaca » 31 May 2012, 17:38

I've done this before. Well, I did stop, but the Taiwan government's traffic department painted the stop line so far into the alley I was in, and then a shop front was extended into the street, which blocked even more of my view, so I had to actually travel into the intersection and then beyond a car, which was stopped on the red line, so that by the time I could see anything at all, I was already in the middle of the road, crawling along and then wham! Hit in the side by another scooter which didn't even slow at her stop line.
According to the police, it was likely my fault. I waited for the traffic report, but of course it was never made. I paid for my own repairs. The End!
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby achdizzy1099 » 31 May 2012, 21:46

Logic :ponder: :bravo: :bow:

imagine if they had jury trials here.... :roflmao:

In fact, Singapore was the only Asian country to have jury trials...until they brilliantly abolished them in 1969! :thumbsup:

Ever wonder why in Western Asia they wear sandals and heard goats while in Eastern Asia they drives Hondas and wear Nikes? The answer is that one of them refuses to be told what to do by anyone, and the other lives to be told what to do by someone :s

T
Some people have a big mouth.....
Forumosan avatar
achdizzy1099
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

5 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 01 Jun 2012, 02:40

STOP signs in Taiwan? Never heard of em :) Never saw any? What do you do at those things anyway??

Most Taiwanese have never seen or know of the thing.

They are awfully common here in calif tho.
I remember my first months here driving. I was always either almost running a stop sign or stopping at a stop sign and getting honked because I was waiting for the light to turn green :)
(obviously there was no light to turn green).

In taiwan only traffic lights have a chance to be seen (and then ignored ) but a STOP sign?? What chance is there for anyone to see it? They are not looking for one.
the driveller - tommy525
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

477 Recommends(s)
315 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 01 Jun 2012, 03:52

If in doubt, give way to the right. Vehicle entering from the right always has right of way, even in Taiwan.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby ksidnas » 11 Sep 2012, 10:34

The locals tells me that the car is bigger than the man. That is why the man walking on the street should always yield to the car.
ksidnas
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby ādikarmika » 11 Sep 2012, 11:49

achdizzy1099 wrote:In fact, Singapore was the only Asian country to have jury trials...until they brilliantly abolished them in 1969!

Japan, I believe, introduced jury trials a few years ago.
ādikarmika
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

6 Recommends(s)
29 Recognized(s)

Postby Blaquesmith » 11 Sep 2012, 11:55

The other day, while I was walking along Zhongxiao East Road, I saw how many (more than ten) scooters and two cars blatantly ignored a policeman who was directing the traffic and asked for them to stop. In other countries, this would have been really weird to see.
"Roda el món i torna al Born!" - famous saying from Barcelona.
Forumosan avatar
Blaquesmith
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

17 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby kaikai34 » 11 Sep 2012, 12:53

I had an aunt from Taiwan stay with us in LA. She had an international driver's license, so my pops gave her one of our extra cars. We jumped in the car on her first drive and we almost died about 6 times as she ran EVERY single stop sign. Luckily, the other drivers were careful and there were no cops around. We were all screaming in the car and when she finally stopped, my sister drove us back. We ended up giving her a driver's ed course that summer.
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

8 Recommends(s)
26 Recognized(s)

Postby milkalex » 11 Sep 2012, 16:24

same story: sat in a car with a couple of Taiwanese and they ran every stop light, once there was a Landcruiser approaching with like 60ks an hour and we nearly died, since then I don't drive with Taiwanese in a foreign country!
milkalex

7 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Cars & Motorcycles