Looking to rent a garage for my Jeep

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Re: Looking to rent a garage for my Jeep

Postby Super Hans » 19 Jun 2012, 12:02

Yes, I have a Jeep - a YJ, 20 years old this year. I sometimes do basic maintenance in the parking area, but nothing like dropping a clutch or anything like that. The bonus with my parking is that I can lift the top of the Jeep by myself. I hang it from the beams of the roof and just drive out from under it. Takes about 15 minutes to achieve if you are quick at unscrewing.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby lovedavdubs » 19 Jun 2012, 13:20

Luckily I'm 6'3" tall and 200LBS. No need for beams and hoists. I just slide my hard top back and dead lift it onto a set of chairs in my father-in-law's garage. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojAeDqSbekg&feature=g-upl

Forumosan avatar
lovedavdubs
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 19 Jun 2012, 13:53

Neat. I have removed the hard top like that before - and I am about the same height as you weighing 12 stones, but I almost dropped it once because I didn't balance correctly. Besides, if I did it like that I wouldn't have any space to put the jeep - now I can park the Jeep under the roof, saving space. I also have a big motorcycle to cater for in one parking square.
I don't use pulleys. I hang 4 pieces of rope from the beams where the corners of the roof are when the Jeep is parked. I have attached metal hooks to the end of the ropes. I just lift the front part of the roof onto the hooks, and then do the same with the back so the roof is suspended, and then I reinforce the ropes by supporting the underside of the roof with tow lines, also hooked onto the ceiling.
That's a nice Jeep by the way, and a very nice colour. What are your rear lights - thy're non-standard?
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby lovedavdubs » 19 Jun 2012, 14:21

Don't get me wrong, I was just being cocky when I shot that video haha! If I could use ropes to lift it I definetly would.
Can't drill anything in that garage though. :roll: Thanks for the kind words on my Jeep. Thoses tail lights are LED. they're sold by a US company named Off Road Only (ORO).
Forumosan avatar
lovedavdubs

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles