Motorsport in Taiwan UK instructor

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Motorsport in Taiwan UK instructor

Postby shiadoa » 13 Aug 2012, 00:57

Hi just joined Forumosa although have been here a while.....I am an ARDS FIA race/rally/drift instructor from england currently working on supercar tours and various Track proposals and we have just got the Caterham distributorship for Taiwan. Motorsport is coming on here now and I would be interested to hear of any car related "events" proposed at any venues in Taiwan.
My sincere apologies but i can only find TIS as a posting... but several new venues are being built and PIC is in use now so there is a little variety at last! :bravo:
Hope to meet some petrol heads...... :roll:
Forumosan avatar
shiadoa
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

ORIGINAL POSTER
123 Recommends(s)
255 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 29 Jun 2011

Re: Motorsport in Taiwan UK instructor

Postby Jonny Crisp » 13 Aug 2012, 14:04

Which track do you give lessons at? There were some Japanese drivers here a few weeks ago looking to open a driving school down in Pen Bay.
Jonny Crisp
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

1 Recommends(s)

Postby shiadoa » 14 Aug 2012, 09:26

Hi have been teaching porsche/ferrari drivers etc, here,mainly on road and the supercar tour down in Taidong (we have a small track there)...unfortunately i seem to have accumulated many work responsibilities here somehow :roll: .....so no time to instruct much these days
we are also busy on another track where we will run the Caterham drift and race school from......i cant wait to have something nearer to Taichung to use :bravo:
So lots going on........only time I have been speechless in my life was when TV/press asked me what i thought of driving standards in Taiwan :roflmao: probably much safer on track I think!
Forumosan avatar
shiadoa

ORIGINAL POSTER
123 Recommends(s)
255 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 29 Jun 2011

Postby pb » 15 Aug 2012, 13:39

shiadoa wrote:we are also busy on another track where we will run the Caterham drift and race school from......i cant wait to have something nearer to Taichung to use :bravo:

Sounds interesting. Can you tell us more details regarding the school? (location, pricing etc)
Never sign your name using red ink.
pb
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby march » 20 Aug 2012, 12:39

If you're ever looking for a casual instructor I may be able to help. Not ARDS, but I raced for 20 years (saloons and single seaters) in the UK before I moved here.
march
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

4 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles