Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Had an accident? Going to have one? Look here first.

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Re: Had an accident? Going to have one? Look here first.

Postby Stian » 02 Sep 2010, 07:56

Mordeth wrote:I crashed a couple of months back.

I hope you where wearing something else than shorts, t-shirt and plastic flip flops.
"Even in their deepest sorrow the Norwegians don't get hysterical. They resist the hate. It is amazing to see how politicians and the whole country reacts. They are sad to the deepest thread of their souls. They cry in dignity. But nobody swears to take revenge. Instead they want even more humanity and democracy. That is one of the most remarkable strengths of that little country."
Forumosan avatar
Stian
Be wealthy your entire life (fù yù, zhěng gè shēng mìng)

Postby Mordeth » 02 Sep 2010, 10:53

Stian wrote:

I hope you where wearing something else than shorts, t-shirt and plastic flip flops.

I was lucky. It was still cold out then and I had a leather jacket on. I was still pretty fucked up though. Couldn't walk without extreme pain for a week. Couldn't walk normally for about 2 months. And the fucking piece of shit doctor that gave me a legal medical note....listing my injuries.....just wrote "abrasions". Fucking cock sucking piece of shit. I couldn't walk. I couldn't hold my baby for over a week. Couldn't carry him up or down stairs for a full month. Abrasions....I should give that dr some abrasions.
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 02 Sep 2010, 13:21

I'm glad you're OK man. Think yourself lucky you at least didn't have to fight for damages to your Kwaker.
But sorry to be the one to break it to you -- your dog thinks you're an arse. "You want me to WHAT, exactly? Lick it? Shag it? Eat it? Oh all right. But just this ONCE! And that is IT!"
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Stian » 02 Sep 2010, 13:28

Mordeth wrote:
Stian wrote:

I was lucky. It was still cold out then and I had a leather jacket on.

Leaned ower too much last year and the scoother lost grip when the plastic became my main contact to the ground.
I now refuse to go down to the 7-11 on a bike without wearing something that protects. For that reason I bought jackets and pants instead of a one pice suit.
Hope you will heal 100%
"Even in their deepest sorrow the Norwegians don't get hysterical. They resist the hate. It is amazing to see how politicians and the whole country reacts. They are sad to the deepest thread of their souls. They cry in dignity. But nobody swears to take revenge. Instead they want even more humanity and democracy. That is one of the most remarkable strengths of that little country."
Forumosan avatar
Stian
Be wealthy your entire life (fù yù, zhěng gè shēng mìng)

Postby Mordeth » 02 Sep 2010, 14:47

sandman wrote:But sorry to be the one to break it to you -- your dog thinks you're an arse. "You want me to WHAT, exactly? Lick it? Shag it? Eat it? Oh all right. But just this ONCE! And that is IT!"

:ponder: I don't get it.
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 02 Sep 2010, 14:48

I wear my leathers just to take the MRT over there.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

600 Recommends(s)
372 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 02 Sep 2010, 16:40

Mordeth wrote:
sandman wrote:But sorry to be the one to break it to you -- your dog thinks you're an arse. "You want me to WHAT, exactly? Lick it? Shag it? Eat it? Oh all right. But just this ONCE! And that is IT!"

Most of the vid you linked to shows (presumably) you talking in a baby voice and waving your big pink sausage at your long-suffering doggie.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Mordeth » 02 Sep 2010, 17:44

sandman wrote:
Mordeth wrote:

Most of the vid you linked to shows (presumably) you talking in a baby voice and waving your big pink sausage at your long-suffering doggie.

Right right.....sorry. Forgot about that end clip. lol
Forumosan avatar
Mordeth

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Marty » 22 Feb 2011, 16:52

*adds another notch to the wall*

When will Taiwanese female drivers stop hitting me with their cars and scooters? I've really had enough of it.
Thankfully this time nobody was hurt, just my poor car. Front drivers side corner is scuffed up. Maybe $1~2k to fix.
The woman turned too sharply and, on a good note, scraped up the entire side of her car. Suffer those costs, wench!
Really, though, why am I involved in so many accidents here? None of them have been my fault to date.
Forumosan avatar
Marty
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby european » 09 Jan 2014, 13:25

Here is a question.
A one lane road. Two cars waiting in traffic with scooterA in-between. To ride past you would have to ride to the right (side) of the cars which involves riding past in and out of the red no parking line into the man hole/grids/drain cover part of the road.

ScooterA in-between the waiting cars decided to move around the car in front. He slowly approached the right side. A scooterB on the right hand side approached. Seeing scooterA move closer to the right side (scooterA's front wheel in view but not in the path of scooterB which could have ridden on with no contact), scooterB braked on a grid/drain cover, stumbled and skidded about 1-2 meters. ScooterB made no contact with the car to his left or ScooterA apart from a tiny brush on scooterA's foot. ScooterB's rider got up and pulled his bike up. (ScooterB may have had a scooter behind him make contact with him, but it wouldn't have been anything serious). ScooterA drove off.

My question is, (regarding Taiwan traffic laws) is scooterA to blame in anyway here?
What are the laws for this in Taiwan?

Cheers.
european
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles