CPI SM250 & related banter

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

kinda healthy again...

Postby pommes king » 13 Aug 2012, 15:14

different shock and spring (thanks RK!), new rear tire, chain, ring and cog... broap!
ImageImage
Forumosan avatar
pommes king
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Re: kinda healthy again...

Postby Ducked » 13 Aug 2012, 20:32

pommes king wrote:different shock and spring (thanks RK!), new rear tire, chain, ring and cog... broap!

That new?

I'd have said it looked a bit hooked. Must be the angle.

Then again, my rear chainwheel was terminally hooked, according to people who knew, and I thought it looked ok, so apparently I can't tell the difference :oops: .
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

8 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Re: CPI SM250 & related banter

Postby maunaloa » 14 Aug 2012, 01:52

All new sprockets I've ever seen have flat tips on the periphery... that become hooked or pointed with wear. I'm pretty sure that's the old sprocket in the pix, since one tip is broken off.
maunaloa
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

17 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Re: kinda healthy again...

Postby pommes king » 14 Aug 2012, 18:32

Ducked wrote:That new?

On top, the chain (without halflink) was too long and the rear wheel in the most rear position, so would just jump. :D I definitly didn't want to put a brandnew 3,5K chain on that thing anymore.
One other small ghetto-mod is the electricity wire-tube that I wrapped around brake hose and speedo cable - I hated the way they'ld bend when the fork went in before.
ImageImage
Forumosan avatar
pommes king

Postby Ducked » 14 Aug 2012, 21:33

So that's the before/knackered picture then.

Phew! I thought it looked pretty bad but I'm not super-confident of my judgement in this context.

And I was trying to be polite :)

3.5k for a chain???? Must be something pretty fancy.

What you need (as well as a new chain and sprokets, of course) is an .........Eds Oiler.

https://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.phpf=75&t=81769&hilit=eds+oiler&start=40#p1066350

Discussion of chains on there too

New "improved" models would be available, but I don't really ride any more so havn't been able to test them.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked

8 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby jaame » 26 Aug 2012, 19:20

Tafcoml I thought your bike was a mk2 (small CPI logo on the clutch cover). They didn't have the gearrbox probs I don't think.

My CPi stopped again and wouldbn't start forr a couple of months. Finally I got them to take it away and they changed the front brake presssure switch and the CDI. It cost about $2500 for the lot.

I'm selling iit on ruten now. It's all cleaned up and ready too go to a good home. Wife's scooter is dying and needs to be replaced. Hun do chen not forthcoming, so tthe CPI is covering that.

Hopefully get a KTM Duke 350 to replace it in 2-3 years, or an MX bike when George is 5.

Bye bye CPI. t's been a pleasure.
jaame
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Postby perafelix » 03 Sep 2012, 21:42

Hi guys,

I'm living in Taipei and I've found a second hand CPI 250sm which I would like to buy. The problem is that I'm a newbie and i will be not sure if i buy a piece of junk or a good second hand bike. It would be awesome if some kind hearted bikers in Taipei would come with me to have a look at the bike. A nice meal at my place is offered to the kind hearted guy; I'm italian and i cook good pasta haha!

Thanks in advance
Filippo
perafelix
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby TaFCoML » 04 Sep 2012, 03:37

perafelix wrote:I'm living in Taipei and I've found a second hand CPI 250sm which I would like to buy. The problem is that I'm a newbie and i will be not sure if i buy a piece of junk or a good second hand bike. It would be awesome if some kind hearted bikers in Taipei would come with me to have a look at the bike. A nice meal at my place is offered to the kind hearted guy; I'm italian and i cook good pasta haha!

Welcome Filippo. Do you know what year it was made? What price are they asking for it? Is it still standard or have they added anything extra?
Derp.
Forumosan avatar
TaFCoML
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby perafelix » 04 Sep 2012, 13:43

Thanks for the answer: it is a 2010 bike and they ask 75.000 NTD for it. I don't know if they added anything extra; is that a fair price?
perafelix
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby TaFCoML » 06 Sep 2012, 02:45

jaame wrote:Tafcoml I thought your bike was a mk2 (small CPI logo on the clutch cover). They didn't have the gearrbox probs I don't think.

I thought so too. Oh well *shrug*. Good luck with CPI sale and let us know what happens with that KTM.

perafelix wrote:Thanks for the answer: it is a 2010 bike and they ask 75.000 NTD for it. I don't know if they added anything extra; is that a fair price?

Depends on condition, whether they've changed anything, etc. Why not message jaame - he's selling his. I sure he'll let you know what shape it's in if you send him a pm. And if the scallywag swindles you, at least it'll have been in a language you can understand :P
Derp.
Forumosan avatar
TaFCoML

4 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Cars & Motorcycles