Buying a segway in Taiwan

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Buying a segway in Taiwan

Postby iix23 » 28 Jun 2009, 03:29

I am looking to buy a segway to commute to work everyday. I live in Zhudong and my job (restaurant/job) is in Hsinchu. I will usually drive to Guanshi, all the way across the mountains to He wan san. to come back to Miaoli. Then I just follow the express 61 way to Hsinchu. It takes me about 4 hours to get to work.

I am willing to spend more time driving a segway providing that I could save 50$ a day on gas( I already spent 700$ a day). I don't mind driving 3 more hours a day.

Thank you in advance.

;)
iix23
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

ORIGINAL POSTER
6 Recommends(s)
6 Recognized(s)

Re: Buying a segway in Taiwan

Postby Belgian Pie » 28 Jun 2009, 09:04

My advice, leave the Segway (unless you are suicidal) and take a shorter route ...There is no way you spend 700NT$ a day on gazzz ... Zhudong is practically next to Xinzhu ... oh, and a Segway cost you some $$$ ... not to mention you'll have to take an additional battery probably ...

Taiwan has electric scooters ... must be cheaper and safer than a Segway ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
64 Recognized(s)

Postby tango42 » 28 Jun 2009, 09:12

I just use mine to ride around the house, mostly going from front door to back bedroom with an occasional detour to the bathroom. The benefits far exceed the cost.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Postby Dial » 28 Jun 2009, 09:14

Hmmm currently commuting 4 hours a day and you don't mind adding another 3 hours?

How about a hot air balloon? It would be quicker and the views would be better. Plus you'd get advance warning on the day when all those missiles come arcing over the horizon from China. You could hover above and cackle madly at all the destruction going on below.

Anyway for what its worth I saw one in 3C on the corner of Roosevelt and Heping a while back. A snip at a mere 180,000 or so, if I recall correctly.
Dial
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 28 Jun 2009, 09:31

Segway.

Ha!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha :roflmao:

Remember back in 2001 when the world's biggest hype machine was tellin' us how this new, super-secret "Ginger" was gonna turn our world UP SIDE DOWN?!

It was gonna RE VO LU TION IZE TRANS POR TA TION AS WE KNOW IT!

Everyone was gonna want, need, and love one!

People would completely forget what cars, motorcycles and bikes were!

Walking and running would be obsolete!

Remember?!

So, it's been 8 years, and . . . What?! . . . Have they produced or (much harder) sold 40,000 of these yet?!

No?! :noway:

zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

82 Recommends(s)
110 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 28 Jun 2009, 10:11

forget the segway. what you need is a sinclair c5.

This post was recommended by finley (26 May 2012, 12:09)
Rating: 5.88%
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby redwagon » 28 Jun 2009, 11:24

sandman wrote:forget the segway. what you need is a sinclair c5.

This sounds like the start of '10 least suitable vehicles for Taiwan' list. :wink:
Signature censored.
redwagon
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

1 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 28 Jun 2009, 11:26

I must say that you must be a tough guy ... working in a restaurant and than 4 hours commute ... I'm worn out at the end of the day working in the kitchen, just want to go home ... 2 minutes commute :ponder:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
64 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 26 May 2012, 11:50

bump for merge
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles