Supercharger sales and installation in Taiwan

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

Supercharger sales and installation in Taiwan

Postby nazmikarakoc » 17 Aug 2009, 14:57

Any one know if superchargers are available in Taiwan. If available, where can it be found and who to contact.

I saw there are small superchargers available in Japan for 1500 to 2500cc engines and instead of a turbo, I am considering supercharger for low and mid range power.

Turbo seems too much work and many things to go wrong plus it attracts attention.
Forumosan avatar
nazmikarakoc
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Supercharger sales and installation in Taiwan

Postby smellybumlove » 17 Aug 2009, 15:00

what car?

last time i checked it was 150k to install a supercharger on a swift.
Problem was it was shit, the turbo conversions were half the price and made more power.

Just get the right sized turbo and you'll be fine..... not like me with one thats too big :cry:
www.samuraiscoot.blogspot.com
Forumosan avatar
smellybumlove
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby nazmikarakoc » 17 Aug 2009, 15:02

For Mitsubishi Galant 2000cc V6
Forumosan avatar
nazmikarakoc

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby smellybumlove » 17 Aug 2009, 19:24

nazmikarakoc wrote:For Mitsubishi Galant 2000cc V6

hate to say it, but its not worth doing.
'maybe' source the VR4 engine and 'perhaps' pay a little extra come test time.....

Its a very common swap in taiwan and the last time I saw one.... holy crap they fly :D
Forumosan avatar
smellybumlove

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby nazmikarakoc » 18 Aug 2009, 14:02

I saw they bring used 2500cc VR4 engine with twin turbo on it but I don't want to go that far. I would prefer to buy a car with more power than going on swapping engine, ECU, fuel pump, then it will need transmission, brakes. Doesn't worth the hassle and money spent.
Just buy a Subaru impreza would do it then which I was going to do at the beginning but couldn't find a decent one.
Forumosan avatar
nazmikarakoc

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby smellybumlove » 18 Aug 2009, 14:28

nazmikarakoc wrote:I saw they bring used 2500cc VR4 engine with twin turbo on it but I don't want to go that far. I would prefer to buy a car with more power than going on swapping engine, ECU, fuel pump, then it will need transmission, brakes. Doesn't worth the hassle and money spent.
Just buy a Subaru impreza would do it then which I was going to do at the beginning but couldn't find a decent one.

Not just impreza but almost any reasonably quick car...... you will never find a decent one, its just taiwan and its cars!.
i couldnt even find a decent 2 year old golf gti!.
Forumosan avatar
smellybumlove

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Captain Stag » 18 Aug 2009, 18:18

nazmikarakoc wrote:I saw they bring used 2500cc VR4 engine with twin turbo on it but I don't want to go that far. I would prefer to buy a car with more power than going on swapping engine, ECU, fuel pump, then it will need transmission, brakes. Doesn't worth the hassle and money spent.

Ok...want a fast car?....feel like having a project?....do this...

Buy a used ('00 to '02) Subaru Impreza RX (or RX5, which is a wagon)...the RX has all the trimmings of an Impreza GT but with a gutless powertrain (1.8L engine and 4EAT).....you can get these for 100k~150K.

Then.....swap the motor for an STi Spec-C EJ20 (2.0L) engine...which is good for 310hp and 420nm of TQ ....80k to 90k http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/e34930316

then....swap the tranny for a 6-speed MT + rear R180 LSD from an STi....80k

finally...STi (or WRX) brakes and STi springs and dampers........80k

Done right with patience and time....you could have one hell of a car for less than 400k...it may not be 'exotic' or 'premium' to some, but the bang for your buck would be all there!
There is absolutely no reason at all why a driver should not indulge in the art of driving to a perfection equal to the standard of manoeuvre which he/she is attempting. Unfortunately this is but rarely the case, and the result is that it is common to see sloppy and untidy driving even at touring speeds, while unskilled handling of the motor-car in traffic is one of the major causes of congestion-- Denis Jenkinson
Forumosan avatar
Captain Stag
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

3 Recommends(s)
6 Recognized(s)

Postby smellybumlove » 19 Aug 2009, 04:19

screw the 2.0, get the 2.5 its more easy to drive around!.
to be honest what he says above is about right, find an honest crap gutless impreza.
You can do it for less than said above too, if you know the right people.

I was considering this as i wanted a wagon, but my wife hates the boxer4 noise.
Forumosan avatar
smellybumlove

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby nazmikarakoc » 19 Aug 2009, 09:31

smellybumlove wrote:screw the 2.0, get the 2.5 its more easy to drive around!.
to be honest what he says above is about right, find an honest crap gutless impreza.
You can do it for less than said above too, if you know the right people.

I was considering this as i wanted a wagon, but my wife hates the boxer4 noise.

Boxer sound is great, for me V8 sound is top but boxer comes after that.

It is all great but how to re register this car and make it legal to drive? Also where to find that great mechanic? I know one in Taipei but he closed his shop because he couldn't afford the rent on a major road so he rented a place in some dead end streets end and no body knew he is there.
Forumosan avatar
nazmikarakoc

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby smellybumlove » 19 Aug 2009, 15:08

theres a place in taichung that deals in subarus, nice guys who dont chew binglang.
they run a drift team if that rings anybodys bell.

i hate the boxer sound too, back in the uk the subaru was ruined by a certain class or people just as it is in Taiwan.
though it is a good car, I had a friend wo owned a 22b, that was a seriously cool machine!.

macking it road legal is easy peazy, though i cant really say on here, its a taboo subject even for taiwanese!.
Forumosan avatar
smellybumlove

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Cars & Motorcycles