KTM 125 Concept and Duke 125/200/350

Welcome to the forum for all things related to the internal combustion engine and or driving in Taiwan. Topics including (but not limited to) drivers' licenses, vehicular issues, what to do in traffic accidents, driving in Taiwan, good mechanics, etc. are all excellent candidates for this forum.

Moderator: John

KTM 125 Concept and Duke 125/200/350

Postby jaame » 02 Mar 2010, 21:00

Possibly the coolest bike I've ever seen.
100kg
18bhp
$419,000

Want one? For shizzle.
jaame
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: KTM 125 Concept

Postby Ducked » 04 Mar 2010, 15:06

Looks better than most sportsbikes, but it still looks like a bag o'chisels. Suppose all those sharp angles are "aggressive" and therefore "macho", huh? (yawn)

Anyway, it ses "concept" = "doesn't really exist" No?

This is probably the nicest looking motorcycle I've seen, used to be a few around The City when I worked in London. Practical apart from the exposed chain

I understand "real bikers" sneered and it didn't sell. Well knock me dahn wiv a fevva.

Compare and Contrast

We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

7 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 04 Mar 2010, 15:59

"Say. That's a nice bike!"
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 04 Mar 2010, 16:10

So the Austrians are doing fugly wee crotch rockets too now? What a horrible looking bike!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 04 Mar 2010, 16:21

sandman wrote:So the Austrians are doing fugly wee crotch rockets too now? What a horrible looking bike!

I like it so obviously you're wrong. Its nice. Not fussy and over the top macho. If it were a car it would be a Suzuki Cappuccino.

Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca

4 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 04 Mar 2010, 18:07

sulavaca wrote:
sandman wrote:So the Austrians are doing fugly wee crotch rockets too now? What a horrible looking bike!

I like it so obviously you're wrong. Its nice. Not fussy and over the top macho. If it were a car it would be a Suzuki Cappuccino.

Nope. It'd be an X-bow, which of course isn't a coincidence. (compare and contrast, as above)

The Aprillia, OTOH, looks like it could make a cappuccino, and then serve it to Sophia Loren, in her designer bathtub.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked

7 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 04 Mar 2010, 20:31

Ducked wrote: It'd be an X-bow, which of course isn't a coincidence. (compare and contrast, as above)

And of course the X-bow according to many is just a dressed up car that doesn't go as well as many others with less pimped out body kits. Its all show! :raspberry:

I liked the Cappuccino. It had a greater power to weight ratio than an M3 of the same generation. It would sneak up looking like the runt of the class and then in de-restricted form turn an M3 into a Bankok Rolex.
If an M3 was a tacky Rolex knockoff then a Cappucino was a Casio. It just kept on out performing the most expensive, was twice the fun and cost a fraction of the price.

Right. Now lets see a better metaphor than that.

X-Bow. Plagh! Its a body kit with wheels! Produced for the erm...repressed homosexual. A cappuccino is for the hairy chested man who's perfectly in touch with his ladyness and doesn't mind admitting it. He wears a pink shirt to football matches and shrugs off bear cans to the back of the head just as well as the insults he took as a child.
He's the same man who buys a Moto motorcycle. And if I had enough money and reason for Moto, I would be straight down to Ralph Lauren and purchase the silkiest pink shirt off the rack!

In fact I already have it picked out so there!

Now where in Taiwan can I buy a Moto? I'm going to race edithglow in it and shame her into submition! :D
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca

4 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby smellybumlove » 04 Mar 2010, 21:00

I just sat in a carbon x-bow last night, silly little machine it is...... but seriously cool.
dissapointed they only got 240bhp out of the TSI motor, i checked the turbo and its only a KO3, hmm wonder if the KO4 swap is possible.

Oh and i will never ever buy another aprillia in my life, though they look great.
14bhp is just shite for a 125 though, mine had 33bhp and that was too slow.
www.samuraiscoot.blogspot.com
Forumosan avatar
smellybumlove
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 04 Mar 2010, 21:41

I would have the:

Wesfield

or the

Ariel Atom

and then blow the knickers off an X-bow.
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca

4 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 04 Mar 2010, 21:52

sulavaca wrote:
If an M3 was a tacky Rolex knockoff then a Cappucino was a Casio. It just kept on out performing the most expensive, was twice the fun and cost a fraction of the price.

Right. Now lets see a better metaphor than that.

:D

See above

Forumosan avatar
Ducked

7 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Cars & Motorcycles