Survey: Foreign Individuals in Taiwan and Mandarin (complete & be entered into raffle)

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Survey: Foreign Individuals in Taiwan and Mandarin (complete & be entered into raffle)

Postby TaFCoML » 06 Jan 2012, 22:40

Hope this is in the right place. If not, please feel free to move it Mr/Ms Mod.

I'm conducting an online survey (link here) about foreign people in Taiwan and Mandarin and am looking for anyone willing to answer 28 questions. There will also be a lucky draw for a NTD 500 Carrefour voucher (which will happen at noon 1/8). If you have time I'd greatly appreciate it (:
Derp.
Forumosan avatar
TaFCoML
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Survey: Foreign Individuals in Taiwan and Mandarin (complete & be entered into raffle)

Postby jimipresley » 06 Jan 2012, 22:46

I did it. Didn't apply for the voucher, though.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

961 Recommends(s)
363 Recognized(s)

Re: Survey: Foreign Individuals in Taiwan and Mandarin (complete & be entered into raffle)

Postby TaFCoML » 06 Jan 2012, 22:47

You're awesome. Thanks :)
Derp.
Forumosan avatar
TaFCoML

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby rosarot » 06 Jan 2012, 23:00

I also did it.
I think for future surveys it would be good to include an option for students when asking about peoples employment situation.
Why do people say "Grow some balls."? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! – Betty White
Forumosan avatar
rosarot
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

9 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby TaFCoML » 06 Jan 2012, 23:28

Thanks for the suggestion, will do
Derp.
Forumosan avatar
TaFCoML

ORIGINAL POSTER
4 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 06 Jan 2012, 23:33

I am most interested in learning Mandarin threats.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

757 Recommends(s)
590 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 07 Jan 2012, 08:14

Slight problem -- apparently if you don't enter for the lucky draw, you don't get the survey results. :no-no:
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
76 Recommends(s)
287 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 07 Jan 2012, 08:28

Took your survey.
Not bad.
Need to include an " all of the above " response, IMO.

I do not understand why people are bothered by leaving an email address to receive the survey results and be a participant in the survey contest.
A throwaway email addy is such a simple thing....:idunno:

Good Luck.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 07 Jan 2012, 08:38

Done it. You should maybe consider that some foreigners have been here so long :oops: that their Mandarin ability is more or less at a fixed (inert) level and that they would not really give any consideration to further study of the language. :cool:
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

26 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 07 Jan 2012, 10:02

I don't mind giving an e-mail. I just didn't see the point in entering for the lucky draw, since I am not living in Taiwan at the moment.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
76 Recommends(s)
287 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Living in Taiwan