Can t post on tealit

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby delieadalish » 30 Apr 2012, 20:36

In the past week I have been near tears.. because like someone said before TEALIT is the place to go if you want to Target new expats (I'm looking for someone to rent a room in my apartment) I mean its one thing if you post and add and no one replies.. or a few people do... but it's a completely WILDLY frustrating thing when you can't even get the ad to appear.. I mean there is just NO hope of someone calling.. and now I'm going to be stuck paying extra rent and not because I haven't been trying.. I've posted on formusfieds and taiwanted.. but the thing is ... how many people actually go there?? And TEALIT has been a bunch of son of a bitches.. I have emailed them and called them a ton of times.. nothing!!! Christ I'd even pay for the ad if they would just post it... :'(

Does anyone have any idea what is going on or how I could fix it? I am at my wits end.. I even made a different account and tried .. nothing and my friend tried AND I tried posting an ad with complete nonsense.. in the the thought that somehow the content of my ad was having me blocked.. :(
Ah, Brazil. ;)
delieadalish
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 13:26
1 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby PigBloodCake » 30 Apr 2012, 20:48

delieadalish wrote:In the past week I have been near tears.. because like someone said before TEALIT is the place to go if you want to Target new expats (I'm looking for someone to rent a room in my apartment) I mean its one thing if you post and add and no one replies.. or a few people do... but it's a completely WILDLY frustrating thing when you can't even get the ad to appear.. I mean there is just NO hope of someone calling.. and now I'm going to be stuck paying extra rent and not because I haven't been trying.. I've posted on formusfieds and taiwanted.. but the thing is ... how many people actually go there?? And TEALIT has been a bunch of son of a bitches.. I have emailed them and called them a ton of times.. nothing!!! Christ I'd even pay for the ad if they would just post it... :'(

Does anyone have any idea what is going on or how I could fix it? I am at my wits end.. I even made a different account and tried .. nothing and my friend tried AND I tried posting an ad with complete nonsense.. in the the thought that somehow the content of my ad was having me blocked.. :(


Have you tried Craigslist yet? It's not as good as Tealit but it's worth a shot.
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 16:51
9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby delieadalish » 30 Apr 2012, 21:26

PigBloodCake wrote:Have you tried Craigslist yet? It's not as good as Tealit but it's worth a shot.



I have not.. but I will try.. I'm desperate... and so stressed.. what I can't believe is I even tried to PAY for the ad on TEALIT thinking it was perhaps some tricky dicky maneuver on their part trying to get more payers.. and THAT didn't work.. talk about fail.
Thanks...
Ah, Brazil. ;)
delieadalish
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 13:26
1 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby Adflob Sales » 30 Apr 2012, 21:34

We at Flob HQ are listening. We will roll out something very soon to address this situation. Sorry we can't help you right away, but hopefully your threadvertisement will reap rewards. Good luck.
Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 319
Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 17:11
3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby PigBloodCake » 04 May 2012, 10:26

Guys and gals. Seriously. There are only 2 (and I do mean 2) ways to get more folks away from Tealit and into sites such as forumosa.com and taiwanease.com.

1. Try to get the buxibans to post here for jobs instead of Dewey or Tealit.
2. Try to get the local girls who want LE (or more :wink: ) to post here.

The 2nd statement is not a joke. Sorry but, seriously, sex does sell.

The problem with Forumosa as well as Taiwanease is that the main page when someone typed the URL site on his/her browser does NOT show any job or LE listing hyperlinks at the top of the page (whereas Tealit does do that).

What's worse for Forumosa: it jumps STRAIGHT to this forum.

Man...and I thought you guys are better at web design :(
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 16:51
9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby maoman » 04 May 2012, 16:25

PigBloodCake wrote:Guys and gals. Seriously. There are only 2 (and I do mean 2) ways to get more folks away from Tealit and into sites such as forumosa.com and taiwanease.com.

1. Try to get the buxibans to post here for jobs instead of Dewey or Tealit.
2. Try to get the local girls who want LE (or more :wink: ) to post here.

The 2nd statement is not a joke. Sorry but, seriously, sex does sell.

The problem with Forumosa as well as Taiwanease is that the main page when someone typed the URL site on his/her browser does NOT show any job or LE listing hyperlinks at the top of the page (whereas Tealit does do that).

Thanks, PBC. Taiwanease doesn't classifieds on its main site, but we'll have the RSS feeds to our jobs up and running in the right hand margins soon enough. For now, you can see the latest listings on the front page of Taiwanted.com, our dedicated classifieds site. The "latest ads" widget is working well now, but we're going to make it even better in the coming days. Thank you for the kick in the behind, though. We like it! We ARE listening to you, and I know Gus is as well.

Tealit will be nuffink but a memory soon enough. :D

Image
Forumosan avatar
maoman
 
Posts: 12290
Joined: 15 Sep 1999, 16:01
Location: Lotus Hill
76 Recommends(s)
43 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby PigBloodCake » 04 May 2012, 16:36

maoman wrote:
PigBloodCake wrote:Guys and gals. Seriously. There are only 2 (and I do mean 2) ways to get more folks away from Tealit and into sites such as forumosa.com and taiwanease.com.

1. Try to get the buxibans to post here for jobs instead of Dewey or Tealit.
2. Try to get the local girls who want LE (or more :wink: ) to post here.

The 2nd statement is not a joke. Sorry but, seriously, sex does sell.

The problem with Forumosa as well as Taiwanease is that the main page when someone typed the URL site on his/her browser does NOT show any job or LE listing hyperlinks at the top of the page (whereas Tealit does do that).

Thanks, PBC. Taiwanease doesn't classifieds on its main site, but we'll have the RSS feeds to our jobs up and running in the right hand margins soon enough. For now, you can see the latest listings on the front page of Taiwanted.com, our dedicated classifieds site. The "latest ads" widget is working well now, but we're going to make it even better in the coming days. Thank you for the kick in the behind, though. We like it! We ARE listening to you, and I know Gus is as well.

Tealit will be nuffink but a memory soon enough. :D

Image


Maoman...glad you can respond.

BTW, on the main Taiwanease web page, the right hand side is totally blank when you maximize the browser. Perhaps you might wanna take a look at Amazon.com and see how they manipulate their main web page so that the contents fill up the browser with and without maximization.

The main page will make or break a website.

Good luck.
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 16:51
9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby Jaboney » 04 May 2012, 17:10

Been hearing that the ad software would be fixed 'soon' for five... six years now. By the time it's done, the web will be yesterday's news.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 10735
Joined: 09 Jun 2005, 02:02
Location: Broadcasting from Neihu
22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 04 May 2012, 18:02

Does anyone remember the ESL website eslisland.com? If not here is a copy from the past 2004 http://web.archive.org/web/20040129133507/http://www.eslisland.com/
They used exactly the same script/cms Tealit uses/used which cost around 800US$ a year. A few years later eslisland stopped functioning and seemed to be hacked while tealit updated their script.
My guess, it's time for another update.

By the way, I can't understand why most teachers here post their resumes on Tealit only. Sure, they have the most traffic, but only because most teachers do not post on the other sites as well.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: 22 Feb 2010, 04:57
6 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Can t post on tealit

Postby djm409 » 06 May 2012, 11:06

Just signed up with Taiwanted and plan to use it now since tealit has been deleting all my recent ads. Emailed numerous times and never received a response.

A quick request/suggestion on taiwanted, though. I was looking at the "For Sale" section and think that it would be much more user friendly if the location of the seller was listed on the listings page, rather than having to click on the ad to see that information. Haven't posted yet, but looks good to me so far!
djm409
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 12:52
Location: Taichung

6000

Previous




 
 
 x

Return to Living in Taiwan



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: Abacus, Google [Bot], Terry B. and 8 visitors

Time is painted with a lock before, and bald behind, signifying thereby that we must take time by the forelock; for, when it is once past, there is no recalling it -- JONATHAN SWIFT