Taiwanese Citizenship and Renunciation

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Re: Taiwanese Citizenship and Renunciation

Postby jimipresley » 15 Mar 2012, 20:36

Among the options in a survey, the Research, Development and Evaluation Commission of the Executive Yuan's Division of International Affairs wrote:Current Status:
Foreigner with ROC nationality

Brilliant! :bravo:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

941 Recommends(s)
354 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Jack » 15 Mar 2012, 20:39

Thanks, guys, but I didn't even notice it when I took the survey in 2009. I think it was Feiren who first mentioned it on the board: http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p1071363
Charlie Jack
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1104 Recommends(s)
191 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 16 Mar 2012, 00:10

Forty pages and it seems a good time to wrap part 1 up. Part 2 here: viewtopic.php?p=1405603
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

280 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Living in Taiwan