Bp in the hospital

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Re: Bp in the hospital

Postby Belgian Pie » 21 Mar 2012, 12:02

So, I was walking the FOOT PATH around the river and met this foreigner on a bike, riding the FOOT PATH ... he clearly has trouble reading pictographs, wonder how he manages working on a computer :ponder: as most of them have icons to navigate ...

It's not so hard to read ... it means NO BICYCLES!

The other one means 'Happy pooper!' ...

Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 22 Mar 2012, 13:53

Surgery is done, closed up after a week running around with an open wound, and I'm back in my room ... no pain. Went down to the OR around 12:03PM and returned around 1:30PM ....

Although I'm not a fanatically superstitious person sometimes it gives me the creeps ... who in his right mind takes a westerner down to the OR in elevator #13 ... 13 FGS? :roll: :eh: :ohreally: but it all turned out fine and I regained my confidence the moment they put me in OR 8 ... :lol: :bravo:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 22 Mar 2012, 13:57

You think too much...'er...have a bier...Image
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Omniloquacious » 22 Mar 2012, 16:08

Belgian Pie wrote:Although I'm not a fanatically superstitious person sometimes it gives me the creeps ... who in his right mind takes a westerner down to the OR in elevator #13 ... 13 FGS? :roll: :eh: :ohreally: but it all turned out fine and I regained my confidence the moment they put me in OR 8 ... :lol: :bravo:

As long as it wasn't your 4th operation, performed by 4 surgeons with 4 nurses in attendance on April 4th.

Which leads me to wonder: Do hospitals here perform non-emergency operations on April 4th?
If I prioritized the acquisition of wealth above other purposes in life, I might still have come to Taiwan to study Chinese, but I doubt I would have remained here.
寸金難買寸光陰
Forumosan avatar
Omniloquacious
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

69 Recommends(s)
202 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 22 Mar 2012, 19:01

Anyways, a 23 day hospital stay is a good way to lose weight ... lost 5 kg in 3 weeks ... :ohreally:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 22 Mar 2012, 20:19

Belgian Pie wrote:It's the wrong flag ... Belgian colours are Black-yellow-red ... not red-yellow-black ... :D

You "read" it from the flag-pole back..black - yellow - red.

Lost weight?
Well didn't they cut-out some of your intestine?
That will take a kilo or two off ya.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 23 Mar 2012, 08:52

So, I'm going home today ... :discodance:

One thing I want to say ... get a hospital insurance, one high enough to get you a single room for at least a month ... because even a double room can turn into hell. Lack of sleep because the person or care taker next to you snores, they leave the lights on all night (wonder why that is - maybe death can't find them while the lights are on :ponder: ) ... anyways, according to my calculation and experience, 70-80% of older people snore like a sawmill ... and they are cutting huge trees.
End up in the hospital, take a single room! And try to get in one of the better hospitals.
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 23 Mar 2012, 18:19

Finally I'm home ... total cost for 23 days hospital, room and food, 3 operations and countless IV drips and AB's, smiles from the nurses ... 175,000 NT$ ... amount to be paid before leaving the hospital 67,000 NT$ ... of which we still will recuperate a big amount from the private hospitalization insurance I had.

Without health insurance coverage it would be almost impossible to be paid for many.
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 24 Mar 2012, 08:50

Good deal, congratulations.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

332 Recommends(s)
325 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 12 Apr 2012, 19:31

Belgian Pie wrote:Finally I'm home ... total cost for 23 days hospital, room and food, 3 operations and countless IV drips and AB's, smiles from the nurses ... 175,000 NT$ ... amount to be paid before leaving the hospital 67,000 NT$ ... of which we still will recuperate a big amount from the private hospitalization insurance I had.

Without health insurance coverage it would be almost impossible to be paid for many.

Just got the news from the private hospital insurance company ... :discodance: they'll pay back 100% of the remaining amount we had to pay. So, my hospital stay and surgery, ER stay cost us ... nothing!

Just to say that taking private hospital insurance on top of the NHI is a good idea.
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Living in Taiwan