Taiwan television shows want to make more money.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Re: Taiwan television shows want to make more money.

Postby archylgp » 07 Aug 2012, 20:24

tsukinodeynatsu wrote:Being able to really use a language requires an acceptance and an ability o think like native speakers of that language (this is one reason why 100% locals speaking English always sound so stupid; different language shoud equal different thought process!)

This includes speaking your own native language not just Mandarin or whatever, so there are a lot of people I just don't really talk to here or back home...but since there are plenty of smart people, avoiding the idiots isn't a problem.
archylgp
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

150 Recommends(s)
30 Recognized(s)

Postby Milkybar_Kid » 09 Aug 2012, 07:46

shengou wrote:
mike029 wrote:
tsukinodeynatsu wrote:Actually the politics one was 沈春華 我們秀. Green bitch trying to cut all the blue people off. :lol: Anytime anyone said Ma she would immediately say "可是你沒有投票權!".

I found the episode online. The host was unbearably arrogant. It pissed me off to keep hearing her say that the foreigners have no voting rights. But man, I'll be honest with you. You came across pretty douchey as well. You remind me of the foreigners who try to dictate who we should choose in America and you are also very out of sync with Taiwanese opinions. I don't know how you expect Taiwanese to react when you say you want Taiwan to unite with China. You didn't even soften it at first by saying, you think it's in the best interest of Taiwan to unite. You just said "I want Taiwan to unite with China." It's one thing to support Ma Ying Jeou, it's another to tell the Taiwanese people that you want them to unite. You don't seem to fully appreciate history, and seem 100% focused on economy, freedom be damned.

Edit - found the link myself. Thanks

Thanks
Milkybar_Kid
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

57 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Milkybar_Kid » 12 Aug 2012, 20:57

tsukinodeynatsu wrote:Oi, leave me out of it. I'm not involved in television or making a career out of it, I've just been on a couple of shows for fun and experience. I'm more interested in the music scene, to be honest.

I can understand why a bunch of Taipei students would be amazed that an ABC can speak Taiwanese (because most of them can't :lol: ), but if Janet's the Janet I'm thinking of then isn't she that really, really rich ABC girl? I think she was on a news show the other day eating toast, if that was her.

Hi tsukinodeynatsu,

It was good to see you on WTO姐妹會 on Tuesday night. I found it interesting to put a face to all of your posts on here. I found your input to be very entertaining. At first I wasn't sure if it was really you but after you mentioned that you work as a Japanese translator I knew that it must be you :)

I also have ambitions one day to appear on this show but at the moment I fear that my spoken Chinese is not good enough. I hope to pass the TOCFL Level 4 this November and then take things from there :cool:

Like you I also live in South Taiwan but unlike you I cannot speak a lick of Taiwanese :lol: . If I had to travel from Kaohsiung to Taipei would GTV pay my travel expenses? Does each participant get a set fee per appearance or does it vary depending on your input and number of appearances. If possible could you also share the amount per appearance :) .

I enjoy this show and hope to see you on it again soon.
Milkybar_Kid

57 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Living in Taiwan