Taiwan television shows want to make more money.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Taiwan television shows want to make more money.

Postby Puppet » 13 Apr 2012, 02:34

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ ... 2003530241

Imagine the abundance of sound effects and 1960s Batman graphics they could buy if they simply allowed more advertising. The quality would go through the roof.
Forumosan avatar
Puppet
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
59 Recommends(s)
30 Recognized(s)

Re: Taiwan television shows want to make more money.

Postby Formosa Fitness » 13 Apr 2012, 11:43

Puppet wrote:http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/04/13/2003530241

Imagine the abundance of sound effects and 1960s Batman graphics they could buy if they simply allowed more advertising. The quality would go through the roof.

:thumbsup:
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

80 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 13 Apr 2012, 12:45

Puppet wrote:http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/04/13/2003530241

:thumbsup:
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 13 Apr 2012, 21:17

Me too!
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 13 Apr 2012, 21:19

What are they called? Entertainers? :loco:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
62 Recognized(s)

Postby mike029 » 14 Apr 2012, 11:29

I find it funny how they skirt the rules by changing the subtitles...for example if someone says they are going to 'seven' to buy something, the subtitles change it to 'supermarket'.

I hope it doesn't turn into what Mainland Chinese TV has become in the last few years...although I can't actually imagine TW TV getting any worse.

mike029
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

3 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 14 Apr 2012, 12:45

local TV is for fucking retards. Do people actually want to watch a bunch of jiudian reject whores stand around with bent hipsters and talk complete nonsense about how everything is 'hao bang ah!' or 'hao ke ai ah!' ??? If people are into that kind of shit they are not my kind of people, and it isn't a cultural thing, these people are fucking simpletons who would probably get off watching paint dry if there was a Hello Kitty decal in the frame.

Local TV doesn't deserve a penny because it is utter trash (though I will give a pass to cooking shows and the news because at least there is something to take from it). How hard is it get five 'pretty' people to stand around and make dumb comments about how everyone looks?

Taiwan is a very nuanced society in many respects and you'd think someone could come up with a drama that is at least thought provoking, or try to make a show that moves away from these BS formulas and into something creative (and Taiwan Tornado isn't cutting it).

The only thing worse than local TV is the lao wai white uncle tom fucktards who think they're special because they appear on these shows from time to time.

BLOW IT UP, BLOW IT UP!!!

Time to start over Taiwan TV industry, you want to earn more money, than actually earn it.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

81 Recommends(s)
408 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 14 Apr 2012, 12:50

Deuce Dropper wrote:The only thing worse than local TV is the lao wai white uncle tom fucktards who think they're special because they appear on these shows from time to time.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

957 Recommends(s)
363 Recognized(s)

Postby mike029 » 14 Apr 2012, 18:21

jimipresley wrote:
Deuce Dropper wrote:The only thing worse than local TV is the lao wai white uncle tom fucktards who think they're special because they appear on these shows from time to time.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I've only done the TV shit twice. Once was a discussion about the election and I thought I could make a difference by voicing my support for Ma in favor of Song telling people not to have a repeat of 2000 and split the vote (even though I supported Song). I felt like I was doing something productive. The second time I was helping my classmate who was in a jam and had to fucking explain what American BBQ sauce is and refute their disbelief that other countries have BBQ. I made a rude comment about how not only Taiwanese people know how to cook meat over fire. I never watched it because I was so disgusted by the whole thing. That comment probably got edited out because it created a massive moment of awkwardness. Nobody talks to Tao Zi like that. :no-no:

My favorite thing I did on the first show was when Shen Chunhua asked me what I think the difference between Mainland China and Taiwan is I said "大陸人沒有台灣人的這麼文明,可是也很多台灣人都是井底之蛙" (Mainlanders are not as developed (?) as Taiwanese people, but there are still a ton of ignorant Taiwanese in the sense that they know nothing outside the island). Take that Taiwan! I got some nice bubbles around my face and 4 massive 井底之蛙 characters across the screen and she was shocked that I actually said that, and then made some stupid comment like "wow, it's amazing to hear a foreigner use that good Chinese to describe us Taiwanese people!". I was quite proud. I don't give a shit. I'm not gonna sit there and lie about how Taiwanese girls are 正美 or how Mainlanders are so rude. I also said Taiwan should become a Hong Kong as soon as possible.

I agree, I HATE those TV shows where the white people sit around and just talk bullshit and OMFG I LOVE Taiwan. Especially that Canadian guy on that GTV show I don't care to remember the name of. Way to fuel their misguided egos about how 'great' this place is. I hate it more when Taiwanese people ask me how funny I think they are. I think they are stupid.

This chick Barbie keeps calling me (don't know how she got my number) to be on some "Diamond Club" bullshit TV show where you have to tell jokes against their resident jokester, and if you can 'beat' him 10 times in a row (?!), you win NT100k or something. The last time she called me I laid into her really badly about how these shows are demeaning and there's no way in hell I'm going to lose my dignity in a "game show" I have no chance of winning by design, and where I literally will be laughed at out of sheer awkwardness because I will most likely mistranslate western humor. Even after all that, she still found me on Facebook and sent me this:

你好馬可

我是鑽石夜總會的芭比
我們在尋找會講中文的外國人或者混血兒

衛冕十次可以得到十萬塊
每週三錄影
這是一個很可愛的單元 希望你可以參加我們的節目
有問題可以跟我聯絡

影片參考
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thZ1CBim_zg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUJz0Y5 ... onW_B3xjtg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCGxQeSt ... s64ZJHw%3D

芭比 097_____73
mike029

3 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 14 Apr 2012, 18:55

Taiwan Variety Show = a few little people in stupid dresses thinking they are funny. :ohreally:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
62 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Living in Taiwan