B&Q is now only named 特力屋

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

B&Q is now only named 特力屋

Postby headhonchoII » 30 Apr 2012, 15:59

It's a fairly common occurrence. Taiwanese partner gets pissed off at sourcing things through international company head office, thinks they don't understand local etc. Keeping the colours and the name Te Li Wu is pretty cheeky but I guess B&Q are not in this market anymore so don't overly care about that.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1307 Recommends(s)
504 Recognized(s)

Re: B&Q is now only named 特力屋

Postby Confuzius » 30 Apr 2012, 23:59

Dragonbones wrote:It's a holdover English name among those of us who've been here a while, like still calling Vie "Warner", or FunATT whatever "NYNY". We've mentioned the change a few times here, but I guess newbies will have missed that.
http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1417204
http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1327555

so now it's Te4 Li4 Wu1.

By the way, the locals often don't know what I mean when I refer to the store above it, "Hola" (Spanish pronunciation, silent h). You have to pronounce an English h to get understood.

yah, I always have to call it he2le4...then they know what I mean
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Living in Taiwan