Hey, I'm Carla and I think I can help you applying, since I was pretty much in the same situation as you some months ago (but already got accepted in Tamkang University).
Well, the nice thing is that you can apply online, if you are not currently in Taiwan. In that case, you need to create an account in their page http://apply.mcu.edu.tw/EAF_Main.aspx
(and start filling the stuff they ask u to, AND upload the necessary documents)
- Health exam
- A financial statement (Some prove that you have enough money in your bank account to pay for school, I guess.)
- A photocopy of the highest education diploma or equivalent academic attainment .
authenticated by the Taiwan’s overseas representative office or presented by the former
- Photocopy of your official transcript of this highest level school (how much you had in 10th, 11th, 12th grades)
- Don't forget to wright your Autobiography and your Study Plan (I can send you the one I did for my application for reference, if u want).
- You nedd to pay the application fee of 1500 NT Dolars.
- 1 or 2 recommendation letters
- If you have it, you should send a certificate of your level of english (TOEIC or TOEFL)
- Photocopy of your passport
- Two recent passport-size bust photo.
If you are in Taiwan, and if you are planning to apply in person, you should download the forms in this link http://www1.mcu.edu.tw/Apps/SB/SB_Site.aspx?PageID=33
And hand them in the school with the rest of the documents i already told you.
If there's any other question, you can email me IMISSLOLA@GMAIL.COM
. Or add me on facebook, Carla Rebelo.
I don't know if there are Italians in the school, but there are people from Brazil and a lot of other spanish speakers.
I am 17 years old, but already finished high school. I've been living in Taipei since August 2011, learning Mandarin. I speak portuguese! I'm from São Tomé e Príncipe, an island in west Africa. Got accepted in Aerospace Engineering in Tamkang University. I know how weird these application things can be, so feel free to ask questions
GOOD LUCK! (btw, are u in Taiwan?