international house of taipei

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

international house of taipei

Postby akikaki1 » 03 May 2012, 13:00

Any of you gone? I'm planing to go MTC this summer and looking for housing. How did your time there fair?
akikaki1
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: international house of taipei

Postby akikaki1 » 04 May 2012, 00:32

bump
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 04 May 2012, 00:34

Perchance if you were less incoherent you may find the answers which you seek.

jst a sugeston lolz. your kewl.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 04 May 2012, 01:09

jimipresley wrote:Perchance if you were less incoherent you may find the answers which you seek.

didn't think it was incoherent, im glad my catch phrases are picking up on here.
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 04 May 2012, 01:09

akikaki1 wrote:
jimipresley wrote:Perchance if you were less incoherent you may find the answers which you seek.

didn't think it was incoherent, im glad my catch phrases are picking up on here.
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Dougster » 04 May 2012, 01:27

The oracle has spoken. I took me 3 years of studying philosophy to come to that conclusion.
"A pair of quadruple whiskys and a pair of pints please" Withnail
Forumosan avatar
Dougster
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 04 May 2012, 01:40

Dougster wrote:The oracle has spoken. I took me 3 years of studying philosophy to come to that conclusion.

lulz'ed
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 04 May 2012, 08:38

akikaki1 wrote:How did your time there fair?
:idunno:

say what?
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

25 Recommends(s)
86 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 04 May 2012, 08:47

the bear wrote:
akikaki1 wrote:How did your time there fair?
:idunno:

say what?

What I'm trying to say none of us are actually alive or dead. We are just made up of particles of blown up stars formed by evolution. Everything we consumed is us. We are everything. And when our bodies decompose maggots will feast on us and become flys. Then be eaten by frogs, spiders, reaching up and thru the food chain. We are everything.

Edit; also anyone know the price difference between single and shared rooms at international house of Taipei?
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Rotalsnart » 04 May 2012, 10:08

akikaki1 wrote:Any of you gone? I'm planing to go MTC this summer and looking for housing. How did your time there fair?

I lived in the original International House that was torn down many years ago. My time there was just okay (it was an extremely spartan dormitory -- I think the new one is probably nicer). I used to live on the hill above the new International House, and occasionally ate in their dining room (very so-so at that time), but never checked out the rooms.

I would say the location is quite inconvenient if you are planning to study at MTC. It will either be a fairly long MRT ride plus a longish walk, or you will need to have your own transportation. It would be a long bicycle ride, and I don't want to be the one to recommend you ride a a scooter in Taipei's traffic.
Rotalsnart
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

54 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Living in Taiwan