international house of taipei

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Re: international house of taipei

Postby Impaler » 05 May 2012, 05:25

akikaki1 wrote:Looking for close (5-10 min walk), around 400$ a month with a roommate, furnished with air conditioning. No rats.

>room in Taipei
>no rats

pick one.
It's amazing what getting out of the care of the Scottish National Health Service can do for your life expectancy.

"Mostly, nature looks after itself, if you let it. If you arrange things correctly, nature will do all the hard work for you, but it takes a lot of careful thought, planning, attention to detail, and a little experimentation. In other words, we're all doomed." -- finley
Forumosan avatar
Impaler
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

2 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby Chrisk » 13 May 2012, 18:18

I will be at MTC this summer as well!
I was recommended that I stay at the international house of Taipei too.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. It wouldn't be too bad, but public transportation a little annoying.
But I'm only in Taiwan for 2 months so I can't rent an apartment. Only if I could find someone to sublet one out.

let us know what you decide. I'm interested
Chrisk
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Icon » 13 May 2012, 22:06

I'd say try it for a couple of days. Or do as generally suggested: stay at a hotel near Guting, look up for a shared room -meaning you share bathroom but have your own room- or a place in a apartment with other foreigners/students. For a three month stay, if you will be devoted to your studies 24/7, then IH is OK. Otherwise, the taxi cab up that hill has an overcharge. :roflmao:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

529 Recommends(s)
411 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Living in Taiwan