Ladies who seems to wear a lot of clothing despite the heat

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Re: Ladies who seems to wear a lot of clothing despite the heat

Postby Isha » 06 May 2012, 09:56

tommy525 wrote: MY then gf was only 22. And she had somewhat of a wrinkle around her eyes when she smiled (at 22). .

you can spot a wrinkle! :notworthy:
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 06 May 2012, 10:07

Taiwan Luthiers wrote:I saw on the news of a woman in the US who loved tans so much that she looks more black than most blacks I have ever met, and she's white.

You couldn't make this shit up! I'm in awe of the bilge that gets perpetually spewed around here! Respect! :bravo:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 06 May 2012, 12:14

Isha wrote:
tommy525 wrote: MY then gf was only 22. And she had somewhat of a wrinkle around her eyes when she smiled (at 22). .

No, Tommy, you did not see a wrinkle. It was just your imagination. You saw nothing, OK? repeat after me: I saw nothing. OK? :no-no:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

534 Recommends(s)
417 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 06 May 2012, 12:15

Isha wrote:

Yes because I was 17 at the time and was concerned if she was too old for me :P

No seriously I do think she had some crowsfeet wrinkles around her eyes. That shouldnt be the case at 22.
the driveller - tommy525
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

477 Recommends(s)
315 Recognized(s)

Postby MikeN » 06 May 2012, 15:16

Indiana wrote:It's to avoid getting tanned. Many Asian women will go to great lengths to avoid even the slightest change of skin color from the sun, and will spend money on skin bleaching lotions and potions to make sure they look as ghostly as possible. To them, that's beautiful.

When my friend's TW wife was with us one weekend in Kending and came home with a SLIGHT suntan on her face (despite hiding herself from the sun the best she could), she was picked on and harassed incessantly by her coworkers and family members until the 'tan' wore off. She was mortified.

Yea- old association of tans with outdoor work- no-one wants to look like a peasant- used to be the same in the West, till everybody started working indoors and a tan meant you had enough money to vacation in Hawaii/Bahamas/Spain.

Plus as tommy 525 said, they don't want to be mistaken for inferior darkies, including aborigines.

When I first took my wife to the mainland in 1990, she remarked how outdoorsy and low-class the women all looked.
MikeN
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

28 Recognized(s)

Postby fh2000 » 06 May 2012, 22:35

My first girl friend used to say: "一白遮百醜“. We went to NCKU in Tainan, so it was sunny every day. All the girls were on bicycles with one hand on the handle, and parasol on another. This was 30 years ago. Today, they can't hold a parasol on a scooter so they cover them up.

Lighter skin means higher class and perceived as more beautiful. This hasn't changed, looks like.
fh2000
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

7 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 06 May 2012, 22:45

My Indian friends tell me even though many women still wear traditional clothing in the summer months, so layers of covered up clothing, it actually keeps their skin cool.

As someone who worshipped the sun in my younger years, not a hot orange mess, but I lived for the sex on the beach glow :wink: (don't recommend actual sex on the beach), I wish I wasn't so into tanning back then. Sun spots, smile lines, uneven skin tone. :oops: All the sk-II in the world won't help. Botox and laser are the only way to go, sadly. If money only grew on trees.
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Living in Taiwan