Some people do stop to help

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Some people do stop to help

Postby tommy525 » 06 May 2012, 11:35

It has become the norm it seems in Taiwan to NOT stop to assist those who are hurt in traffic accidents. This is very alarming. However some do indeed stop to help as this following news article stated. If not for these people coming forward this mans murderer (yes it was murder what he did) wouldve gotten away free.

I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him.

http://taipeitimes.com/News/front/archi ... 2003532105
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
624 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Re: Some people do stop to help

Postby tomthorne » 06 May 2012, 11:44

How do you know it's become the norm?
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 06 May 2012, 11:51

:hand: Nonsense. People stop to help all the time. If you lived here, which you don't, on not online, which you apparently do, you would know that. But you don't.
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 06 May 2012, 11:52

tommy525 wrote:It has become the norm it seems in Taiwan to NOT stop to assist those who are hurt in traffic accidents. This is very alarming. However some do indeed stop to help as this following news article stated. If not for these people coming forward this mans murderer (yes it was murder what he did) wouldve gotten away free.

I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him.

http://taipeitimes.com/News/front/archi ... 2003532105

I have read multiple times in this forum to NOT stop...especially being a foreigner as your chances of getting implicated, and therefore sued (even if you had nothing to do with the accident) are astronomical.

I have spoken with Taiwanese people I know...and they concur.

But I see Taiwanese people stop for each other (and for foreigners) all the time.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 06 May 2012, 12:14

Yes it was my impression (from this forumosa) that people were convinced people were not stopping nowadays. And I was very alarmed by this and had stated that , it was not what i perceived when i did live there.

So the question is, is it the norm now to NOT stop or is it not?
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
624 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 06 May 2012, 12:36

tommy525 wrote:Yes it was my impression (from this forumosa)

This is where you should stop. A large majority of Taiwan related posts on this site do not accurately reflect the reality of life and living here. You want accurate impressions of Taiwan? Look at the photo threads. :thumbsup:

The big question I always have for you, since you do not live here and have no plans of coming back is Why do you care....so much...about every tiny thing that goes on here?
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 06 May 2012, 12:41

jdsmith wrote:
tommy525 wrote:Yes it was my impression (from this forumosa)

This is where you should stop. A large majority of Taiwan related posts on this site do not accurately reflect the reality of life and living here. You want accurate impressions of Taiwan? Look at the photo threads. :thumbsup:

The big question I always have for you, since you do not live here and have no plans of coming back is Why do you care....so much...about every tiny thing that goes on here?

+1 :thumbsup: The same applies to Chewy, too. :2cents:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

People are stupid everywhere, but there's something childlike and adorable about Taiwanese stupidity. - rowland
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1054 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 06 May 2012, 12:45

Taiwan is my hobby !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
624 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 06 May 2012, 12:47

tommy525 wrote:Taiwan is my hobby !

You might should take up the common Taiwanese hobby of sleeping.
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 06 May 2012, 12:49

jdsmith wrote:
tommy525 wrote:Taiwan is my hobby !

You might should take up the common Taiwanese hobby of sleeping.

Thats just it, i cant sleep so I come to haunt YOU :D

by the way, are you going to be still on forumosa when you have reached yonder shores?

Will you haunt like I do ?
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
624 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Living in Taiwan