Linsen Bei Girls

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Linsen Bei Girls

Postby bumclouds » 06 May 2012, 21:39

So I live near a road called 林森北路 (Linsen Bei Lu). You might have heard of it. At night it's crawling with girls wearing wedge heeled flip flops and makeup that looks like it was applied with a shotgun. My girlfriend and I call them "Linsen bei girls".

I used to live next door to one, and her pop tart of a boyfriend. They would come home at about 2 o'clock in the morning, slam doors shout to each other at about 130dB and then leave. About twice a week they would return with some friends (customers?) and they would party, drink, play music and yell until 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. Additionally they would smoke so heavily, the two of them would put out a bag of 15 or so empty cigarette packets for recycling every 3-4 days. The smoke would billow out from under the door of their apartment and into ours. (Needless to say, my gf and I complained enough times until they were forced to pack up their shit and leave).

Linsen bei girls can also be spotted in Linsen bei lu convenience stores in the early afternoon clutching a poodle with long acrylic nails and snapping at the clerk to get two packets of her usual. Sometimes the clerk can avoid a spraying by nervously clamouring for a packet or two in advance.

Their natural habitats during the late afternoon /early evenings include hair salons, nail spas and dress shops catering to only to the tackiest of tastes. In the morning when you're on the way to work, they may be spotted getting reported by a police officer or having a disgruntled road side breakfast.

Is there anyone here on this forum who could shed some light on what exactly it is that they do and why there's so many of them around here? (And also maybe why their attitudes are so bad).
Your warning level: [3]
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

ORIGINAL POSTER
87 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Re: Linsen Bei Girls

Postby trubadour » 06 May 2012, 22:02

kinda sounds like fun

seriously - has one not heard of hedonism?
trubadour
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

114 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby bumclouds » 06 May 2012, 22:15

nvm
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds

ORIGINAL POSTER
87 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 06 May 2012, 23:01

nvm
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

75 Recommends(s)
372 Recognized(s)

Postby PigBloodCake » 06 May 2012, 23:07

bumclouds wrote:So I live near a road called 林森北路 (Linsen Bei Lu). You might have heard of it. At night it's crawling with girls wearing wedge heeled flip flops and makeup that looks like it was applied with a shotgun. My girlfriend and I call them "Linsen bei girls".

I used to live next door to one, and her pop tart of a boyfriend. They would come home at about 2 o'clock in the morning, slam doors shout to each other at about 130dB and then leave. About twice a week they would return with some friends (customers?) and they would party, drink, play music and yell until 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. Additionally they would smoke so heavily, the two of them would put out a bag of 15 or so empty cigarette packets for recycling every 3-4 days. The smoke would billow out from under the door of their apartment and into ours. (Needless to say, my gf and I complained enough times until they were forced to pack up their shit and leave).

Linsen bei girls can also be spotted in Linsen bei lu convenience stores in the early afternoon clutching a poodle with long acrylic nails and snapping at the clerk to get two packets of her usual. Sometimes the clerk can avoid a spraying by nervously clamouring for a packet or two in advance.

Their natural habitats during the late afternoon /early evenings include hair salons, nail spas and dress shops catering to only to the tackiest of tastes. In the morning when you're on the way to work, they may be spotted getting reported by a police officer or having a disgruntled road side breakfast.

Is there anyone here on this forum who could shed some light on what exactly it is that they do and why there's so many of them around here? (And also maybe why their attitudes are so bad).

Man, you live around there?

Are you horny or what? :ponder:

What DD said.....
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Postby bumclouds » 06 May 2012, 23:09

I had no idea that this area was like this.
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds

ORIGINAL POSTER
87 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 06 May 2012, 23:17

well quit being a puritan and get yourself a poodle
trubadour

114 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 06 May 2012, 23:26

It is actually an up and coming area, since most of the , ehem, business places for the girls have closed -tourists have moved elsewhere, and less tourists of that, ehem, kind.

As more of the old buildings are replaced by newer ones, as the real estate value of such a prime downtown piece rises, so will the girls have to find other places. It is a convenient location, I've looked there for accommodation but haven't found a nice place, most affordable locations are quite rundown. Now, to buy a new place, that'll be really nice. Close to work, markets, parks, cinemas, etc. Awesome.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

534 Recommends(s)
416 Recognized(s)

Postby photi » 07 May 2012, 03:08

Linsen Beilu has a lot of hostess clubs and restaurants that cater to Japanese business men. If you are not familiar with what they are, please refer to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs

They work from about 8pm to 1am or so. A lot of girls adopt a party life style so they will often go home or to another bar and drink with their co-workers and/or clients.
photi
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

2 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 07 May 2012, 03:31

Linsen North Road is an Inheritance from the Japanese occupation as far as I know.

I think lane 121 or 135 is the really famous one.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan

5 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Living in Taiwan