Kaohsiung vs. Hsinchu vs Taichung

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Kaohsiung vs. Hsinchu vs Taichung

Postby engerim » 10 May 2012, 07:27

I'm in Taipei now. Before in Hsinchu for 6 years. I liked living and working in Hsinchu. Would't mind to be based there again.
Forumosan avatar
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Re: Kaohsiung vs. Hsinchu vs Taichung

Postby John Yu » 10 May 2012, 08:34

Its either Taipei or the XiangXia Hinterland. The rest of Taiwan is just dust, signboards and warehouses.

Interesting perspective
"They only like me for my looks and personality"
郎才郎貌
Forumosan avatar
John Yu
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

39 Recommends(s)
19 Recognized(s)

Re: Kaohsiung vs. Hsinchu vs Taichung

Postby chris1234 » 12 May 2012, 05:10

It looks like Kaoshiung (Gaoxiong) would be 10K NTD a month lower pay than the other opportunities, if that makes a difference in the perspectives of future posters.

Thanks to all who commented!
chris1234
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Living in Taiwan