Taiwan 2030- what are your predictions?

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Taiwan 2030- what are your predictions?

Postby headhonchoII » 14 May 2012, 14:27

-Taiwan part of Chinese economic zone with parliament in HK or Xiamen
-Taiwan still run as independent state although only recognized through the CEZ representative offices
-Taipei largely redeveloped although many dingy apartment blocks remain
-Large community of mainlanders in Taiwan, some
become integrated and localized, others send kids to attend their own PRC school systems and have little Beijing district in Taipei
-Kaoshiung largely cleaned up and most dynamic city in Taiwan economically
-East coast cities doubled in size due to better transportation and teleworking and disneyland type resort in Hualian/Taidong
-Aborigines get rights to semi autonomous regions but corruption scandals make this a hot topic
-Teleworking, freelancing , realtime translation change structure of work for most employees, many people teleworking on international projects outside of Taiwan, Foreign English teachers still come to Taiwan but large amount of telepresence teachers in classroom also along with AI teachers
-Actual schools still exist and still have pressurised exams but exams losing importance due to ability to learn by telepresence internationally and get foreign degrees in this manner.
Schools emphasize more project based work
-Taiwan still has very low birth rate due to busy work lives and females wanting more freedom
-Kending town expanded but newest kids on the block are other new more hip developments in Hengchun
- Taichung has metro and light rail, central area is the most popular for bars and nightlife, still has air pollution due though due to more lax industrial regulations
-Miiaoli city and environs becomes extremely popular with retired people who move out of Taipei and Taoyuan
- Large number of unemployed middle aged factory
workers due to automation, govt schemes attempt with little success to re-employ in construction, farming and service industries.
-Medical care more expensive due to bankruptcy of original Jianbao system and expensive modern treatments and drugs and large numbers of elderly people
- Nuclear accident in Kending reactor following massive earthquake and tidal wave results in nuclear power being phased out but not completely shut down yet due to worries over energy supply stability
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1315 Recommends(s)
504 Recognized(s)

Re: Taiwan 2030- what are your predictions?

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 14 May 2012, 14:41

China will have simply bought up Taiwan.

All major Apartment projects Chinese.
All major shopping malls Chinese.
All TV and Radio-station Internet Platforms controlled by the Chinese government.
The list can go on like this for pages.

The Mafia in Taiwan will be Chinese and one of them is going to be the new President.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

5 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 14 May 2012, 14:49

Roxy 99 will still be a grimy underground club with vomit in the urinals.

And some of the same girls (and boys) will still be frequenting it.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

25 Recommends(s)
86 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 14 May 2012, 16:05

the bear wrote:Roxy 99 will still be a grimy underground club with vomit in the urinals.

And some of the same girls (and boys) will still be frequenting it.

yes but by then it will be called Roxy 100 due to original owners selling out to a couple of blue truck drivers.

All that I know is that i will be 18 years older, but still will like 20 something TW girls . Who will be even prettier, lord almighty!

but yeah big changes may be a comin in the year 2030 for the lil island called the wan.

I predict China and Taiwan become even closer and that much of the first posters predicts will come to be.

But maybe Taoyuan will be sold off to the Chinese who will build it up to be like another mega Chinese city. It will be unrecognizable.
the driveller - tommy525
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

477 Recommends(s)
315 Recognized(s)

Postby creztor » 14 May 2012, 22:16

Taiwan will be reunified with China and everyone has finally gotten on with their lives and a dream that should have died decades ago is finally dead.
Lost in Kaohsiung :D
creztor
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

89 Recommends(s)
18 Recognized(s)

Postby E04teacherlin » 14 May 2012, 22:57

creztor wrote:Taiwan will be reunified with China and everyone has finally gotten on with their lives and a dream that should have died decades ago is finally dead.

I'll have had penis enlargement surgery that means those 20 year olds hanging out at Roxy whether it is 100, 99, vibe or whatever will be impressed with my large Asian brother. :D
E04teacherlin

81 Recommends(s)
43 Recognized(s)

Postby touduke » 14 May 2012, 23:01

Taiwan will be one of 6 independent Chinese countries, will be populated by 40 million people (refugees), and I will be writing a book about the time on the island before the empire broke up on the other side of the straits.
Forumosan avatar
touduke

67 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 14 May 2012, 23:03

Jet packs!
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby E04teacherlin » 14 May 2012, 23:26

touduke wrote:Taiwan will be one of 6 independent Chinese countries, will be populated by 40 million people (refugees), and I will be writing a book about the time on the island before the empire broke up on the other side of the straits.

In English or German?
E04teacherlin

81 Recommends(s)
43 Recognized(s)

Postby Impaler » 15 May 2012, 04:39

The wind will blow dust through unpopulated streets lined by rotting concrete husks. The Mayan Apocalypse is upon us in seven months.
It's amazing what getting out of the care of the Scottish National Health Service can do for your life expectancy.

"Mostly, nature looks after itself, if you let it. If you arrange things correctly, nature will do all the hard work for you, but it takes a lot of careful thought, planning, attention to detail, and a little experimentation. In other words, we're all doomed." -- finley
Forumosan avatar
Impaler
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

2 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Living in Taiwan