Love these guys for putting the dork in his place

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
We hope that the Living in Taiwan forum will be of value to you and others. To ensure this, please note:

It is best to capitalize topics and to avoid vague titles. “Hi, I’m new” and “Help please” are examples of bad titles.

Before posting, please check the FAQ thread, and – more importantly – use the search function to ensure that your topic has not been discussed before and that there is not an existing thread you could update with your contribution.

While Living in Taiwan is a busy, wide-ranging forum, there are other specific forums for relationships, teaching, business, legal issues, animals, food, events, travel, restaurants, and so on. Check the Forumosa menu to find the most appropriate place for your post.

While it is preferable to post questions dealing with dissimilar topics in separate threads (“How Much for an Apartment in Tianmu?”, “Are There Many Foreigners in Tianmu?”), if you are a new arrival, it is possible to present numerous questions in one post, but realize that your thread will then, after two weeks, be merged into the New to Taiwan: Some Questions thread.

Love these guys for putting the dork in his place

Postby tommy525 » 17 May 2012, 05:06

Taiwanese are nice, until they break the law and you catch them doing it.

Love these guys for putting the dude in his place. However, if they were beetlenut chewing gangster types it could get ugly.
the driveller - tommy525
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
477 Recommends(s)
316 Recognized(s)

Re: Love these guys for putting the dork in his place

Postby Rabidpie » 17 May 2012, 07:20

tommy525 wrote:

Taiwanese are nice, until they break the law and you catch them doing it.

Love these guys for putting the dude in his place. However, if they were beetlenut chewing gangster types it could get ugly.

They were kinda mean to him. They should have just ignored him and walked off, instead they are blatantly insulting him in front of everyone else.

A beetlenut chewing gangster could care less about camera filming.
My anti Drug is Taiwan
Rabidpie
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 17 May 2012, 08:19

Yeah they were not very nice, granted but they did tell the guy he should continue walking, which he refused to do.

I think the guy may have been the one dropped off by the car. Finally it appears his daughter said "pa lets go".
the driveller - tommy525
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
477 Recommends(s)
316 Recognized(s)

Postby Ryan the third » 17 May 2012, 08:55

Can't watch the video with sound right now but WTH is wrong with that guys hair O_O

I am really curious if the "I hate that guy so damn much that I want to punch him in the face" impression changes when I can hear whats going on...
Forumosan avatar
Ryan the third
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

2 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby UncleJamie » 17 May 2012, 09:14

Wow, stupidity is definitely a widely available commodity. On both sides, in this case.

First, AFAIK, not only can you film people breaking the law, you are encouraged to by a program for reporting lawbreakers of various types to the government. Don't know exactly which offenses are or are not covered, but seems there can't be any blanket ban on it, or the program wouldn't exist.

Second, those 2 foreigners are, well, I will keep my opinion to myself. As they have provided this Taiwanese guy, who displays some pretty good English, evidence for a defamation lawsuit. Asking him about drug use, telling him he is crazy, calling him "the village idiot", etc. In any ROC court, should be a slam-dunk. Half-tempted to download it myself and reupload so they can't take it down. Probably be on the news tonight, slow news weeks lately now that Makiyo is over. :popcorn:

Third, have to give the local guy points for self-restraint, no insulting comments and a lot of patience displayed dealing with some foreigners who really represent all that is best :roll: about expats here in Taiwan.

UJ
UncleJamie
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby PigBloodCake » 17 May 2012, 10:06

The Taiwanese guy is an a**hole. The car clearly made an infraction and anyone can film an infraction and report that to the police for a nice sum of buxiban hourly pay. Perhaps the tw dude should ask the police to confiscate all the car cams in the 'wan since they can't be filming any drivers along with their car/moped licenses :loco:

BTW, "犯罪" is actually an incorrect expression of what actually took place. 犯罪 is actually "committing a crime" which the driver clearly did not do (an infraction is NOT a crime but merely a traffic violation). He should have said 違規 instead.
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Postby Ryan the third » 17 May 2012, 10:11

ok... now with sound and as I expected I want to shut the guy up even more. The Taiwanese guy is annoying in a way but the western guy is intolerable... :fume:
Forumosan avatar
Ryan the third

2 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 17 May 2012, 10:11

Under the law you can film / photograph anyone or anything in public, infraction or no infraction. What you can't do however is publicly identify people without their permission, which the closeup of the license plate arguably does. If it is submitted to the police / govt as evidence of an infraction it's ok, but publicly uploading it to YouTube is technically a violation of the law in Taiwan. If the license plate closeup were edited out, then it'd be fine to display publicly.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

153 Recommends(s)
164 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 17 May 2012, 10:14

You can film or photograph anyone here in a public place.
Foreign guys could have had a better attitude though. They weren't nice at all.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
150 Recognized(s)

Postby PigBloodCake » 17 May 2012, 10:17

cfimages wrote:If it is submitted to the police / govt as evidence of an infraction it's ok, but publicly uploading it to YouTube is technically a violation of the law in Taiwan.

Infraction, yes.

But crime? Absolutely not. You need to upload it for information on the whereabouts of this person committing the crime and his/her license plate will be the clue.

When someone commits a crime, his/her identity is now open to scrutiny.
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake

9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Living in Taiwan